Episode 54: Keep on

[Mina-The next day]

[Mina-The next day]

I stared out of the window of the van. The sun was barely starting to rise. Iah wanted to get to the capital as soon as possible. I had been looking forward to spending some time there since the first two times I was just passing by. Though, it looked like I might not get the chance to enjoy the sights of the Second Xelerian Empire's original capital.

Shivers raced down my back as I thought about the two times I had been at the capital.

"I just realized something," I said, looking forward.

"What is it?" Dad asked.

"It's the crystal that is in the imperial grounds. The one that we used to teleport to Rios. If H.E.H. were to capture the Minese capital, then the teleportation crystal could fall into their hands as well," I said.

"That's right," Eri said, glancing back at me. "If they were to link it up to their crystal back home, then sending reinforcements into this region would be easy."

"Yeah, that's what I'm worried about," I said. I glanced over at Sarah, who remained fast asleep in the furthest back seat. If that were to happen, liberating Sera would become several times more complicated than it already was. The capture of the capital wouldn't only provide them with a possible point to bring in reinforcements, it would also mean the loss of an ally for the exiled Seran royal family.

"Though, I'm not really worried about the capital being captured," Eri said.

"You're not?"

My foster brother snickered. "The emperor of Mina is strong and intelligent. Even if he were to lose the capital, he wouldn't let the rest of the country fall along with it."

Dad nodded. "Yeah, that Huang wouldn't allow himself to be trounced. Once we've reached the capital, we can help secure it."

"Hope that I can have my battle with Hei," Raul said, rubbing his eyes.

I chuckled. "I still got a match scheduled with Iah, too," I said, glancing back. I gasped as I noticed something red moving toward the car alarmingly fast.

"Dad, speed up," I said, opening the door.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Eri shouted.

"Lei?" Yen asked, opening her eyes. She yelled as I jumped out of the vehicle. I formed a barrier of wind to soften my landing and flew into the air.

The red object moved around me.

I unleashed a burst of electricity, zapping it, but a barrier of fire appeared.

"Finally found you, Lei Lan," a voice called out. Suspended in the air was a man wearing a red coat without sleeves. He was huge! Like a gorilla!

My eyes widened. "How do you know my name? Are you from H.E.H.?"