Episode 105: Contemplation

I rubbed my head as soon as I woke up

I rubbed my head as soon as I woke up. It felt as if I'd been hit by a train.

"Oh, seems that Mr. Rude finally woke up," a familiar voice called out.

I opened my eyes and saw Olivia staring at me with narrowed eyes.

"Oli, that's pretty rude of you," Isabel said, sighing.

I blinked. "I was being rude? I don't think I was snoring, at least I've never done so before."

Olivia grumbled. "Not that..."

"Wait, you really don't remember?" Isa asked.

I shook my head. Whatever I forgot, it must've involved offending Olivia.

"Sorry," I said, keeping my head low.

"So you do remember?" Olivia asked, huffing.

I shook my head. "No."

"Oh. Why did you apologize?"

"I know that I keep hurting others." I'd done the same with Hal before Ethan showed up.

"Iah," my cousin said, falling to her knees. Isa wrapped her arms around me.

Maybe it was because Isa had an affinity with fire, but her hug felt warmer than others I've had.

"So that Yanyu lady wasn't kidding," Olivia mumbled.

Yanyu? That's right, I saw her before I passed out. Seemed she left as she was nowhere to be seen. Only Olivia and her friends, the kids, Hal's parents, Isa, and Darin were here.

"Where did Hal and Vermeil go?" I asked.

"They went to get food. Once they return, you should apologize to Ver too," Olivia said. "She seemed more upset than me."

"Yeah," Jason said.

I pushed myself up. "I'll go look for them."

"Wait, will you be fine?" Isa asked.

I nodded. "Think so."

Rebecca scoffed. "You think? Your response is as bad as Hal's."

I smiled. "Guess he awakened groggy too?"

Isa nodded. "His eyes seemed to ache, but he said he'll be fine. Thankfully, he went with Vermeil and Yanyu."

"Where to?" I asked.

"To get some food for us," one of the orphan caretakers said. He smiled slightly at me. "It's good to see you're fine."

Thalia nodded. "The darkness is all gone thanks to Yanyu. I'm surprised that someone like you managed to keep it at bay for that long."

The guy laughed. "Well, it wasn't easy. You probably would've done better than me."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "You were still conscious when I was fighting? Or how do you know I have darkness magic?"