Episode 118: Visions

I stared at the pond where my cousin and I used to train

I stared at the pond where my cousin and I used to train. The usually relaxing water felt eerie to stare at. As if it would become darkness and swallow me up into a world of unending darkness.

Were Daddy and my cousins alright?

I rubbed my arms as a chilly wind passed by. Hopefully they were. I didn't want to lose them. Even though Daddy was cold and aloof toward me, I still loved him.

"Azure! Azure! Ah, there ya are!" a voice called out. I looked down and saw Serein hug the tree with his legs and feet, jumping up like a odd frog.

I smiled slightly. "You climb funny," I said.

He tilted his head. "Huh? How other do a kid one climb trees?"

"You mean 'how else is a kid supposed to climb trees', right?"

He nodded as he reached me.

"Well, I made a rope with vines," I said, patting the vine rope next to me.

"Ohh. Well, more fun like this!" he said, grinning.

I smiled. Could easily imagine Sei climbing up a palm tree the same way in his home to get some coconuts or dates.

"Hyahup!" Serein said as he jumped over to my branch, shaking it. Good thing it was nice and sturdy, else it might've snapped. Well, I had my magic too should it snap on us. "Ohh, this a nice view!"

My shoulders slumped. "Yeah, it is."

"Hey, what wrong? Sense sadness," Serein said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I miss Iah still," I mumbled.

"Is that why ya went off on ya own?"

Hearing him say ya felt oddly nostalgic for some reason. I gripped my necklace. It made me feel sadder than I already was...

I nodded weakly.

"Dontcha worry! My cousin will get Iah!"

I blinked. "Lei will?"

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah! If he doesn't come back own!"

I chuckled. "You mean 'on his own', right?"

He nodded vehemently.

I laughed. "Stop that! You look like a bobble-head!" He smiled and did it more, making me laugh louder.

Maybe it was because his manner of speech, or his height, but Serein felt like a little brother to me, despite being born before me.

As my laughter died down, I returned my gaze back to the pond. "Hey, Sei."

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think that your cousin will be able to get back mine if he doesn't return out of his own will?"

"Yeah, Lei said he would." He moved his fists up and down. "I trust him!"

Why did he have so much faith in that? Was it only because Lei took down Iah in their battle? While Adela, Nyima, and Kun, sealed up Ratmir, there was no guarantee that more of his power wouldn't leak out. Especially if Iah came upon situations which forced him to draw upon the abysmal's power.