Episode 103: Interlopers

*Mayu*

"Nobuyuki!" Youko yelled as she caught him. He had reverted back to his human form. She gritted her teeth and sent a barrage of water at Ben. Vines popped up around him, absorbing the liquid and growing bigger in the process.

She gritted her teeth as the vines leapt at her.

"Stay away from Nobu and Yo!" Ren yelled, slashing the vines with his claws. He gasped as the shredded vines regrew and coiled around his arms.

"Sorry, pup, but you got no chance against me. Now, perish, weakling!"

He gritted his teeth.

"I won't let you! Mikazuki no Yuki!" Youko yelled, throwing a barrage of ice crescents at her. Her eyes popped, the ice crescents had shattered upon touching the vines. "What?"

Aida laughed as she held out both hands at them. I did the same thing, pushing her vines back at her.

"Youko, Ren! We're leaving!" I shouted. My eyes shifted back at Boukyaku who simply nodded. Thankfully he wasn't in as bad a state as I had expected him to be. He wasn't even internally bleeding. It was as if his organs had been healed, but how? My healing magic was great, but I was no miracle worker. At least he was fine.

Aida snickered. "Like I'll let you!" She held out her hands, unleashing an even bigger onslaught of vines than before, but they were flicked back at her, sending Aida flying. Ben dashed over and grabbed her by the shoulders, stopping her momentum.

I gasped at the sight of the tall teenager in front of me. He looked back at me and smirked. "You alright, Sis?"

"Kochi? What are you doing here?" I asked. He was wearing a uniform, but it was that of his gang, not any military division.

"Ugh, you'll pay for that!" Aida yelled as she stepped forward.

"Oh, yeah?" a voice called out behind her and Ben. Both of them gasped before being kicked away by a short blond-haired boy.

"Who is that kid?" Hew said, eyes wide.

The guy leaned his head back and smiled at him. "Oh, you want a piece of me too?"

"He's ours," Yuto said.

The blondie nodded and walked over to us.

"Burai, you're here too?" I said.

The shorty waved and grinned at me. "Yohoo, Mayuichi!" He put a hand against his brows and scanned our group. "Oh, there you are, Boukyakuichi! Eienichi! How are my cousins doing?"

"Wait, cousins?" Yuto said, glancing at the princes.

Boukyaku laughed. "We're a couple generations removed, or so I hear."

Burai put his hands on his hips and smiled. "We're still cousins, though!" he said, nodding his head. "Well, even if we weren't related, I would still consider you my family."

I smiled. Just like Kochi. No wonder the two were friends.

Eien rolled his eyes at his distant cousin.

"Why are you two here anyway? Not that I'm not happy to see you. It's just, this isn't the place for civilians," I said.

Burai scratched his head. "I wanted to get some Minese noodles while in the area." He grumbled. "Your fighting ruined them."

"The shockwave did," Kochi added.

The short boy pouted. "And I was looking forward to them too."

"Then how about some on me!" Aida yelled.

Burai jumped into air as vines popped up from the ground, forming a tangled mass.