Episode 51: Mission

[A few Days Before the Dance- Uan]

I swung my sword and slashed through tall grass, freezing my surroundings as well.

I sighed as I sheathed it. It appeared that my swing was still far too slow.

I lowered my eyes. I had to get stronger if I was to protect my friends.

"Xue," a voice called out.

I turned around and saw a white-haired hair dressed in silver armor running over to me.

"Dad?" I asked, perplexed by the face he had one. He usually had a serious demeanor, but right now, he appeared concerned. "What's the matter?"

He took a deep breath. "It's the Master. He wants to ask you something."

I gasped. "The Master? As in his holiness?"

He nodded. "Yes. I'm not sure what he wishes to speak to you about, but he did say that it was urgent. Go to the Room of Mirrors, he's waiting to speak to you."

I took a deep breath. Why does His Holiness wish to speak to a trainee like me? I'm not special at all. My powers are average at best. I gasped as I realized what I had that the other Lunar Knights lacked, a connection to his son. Could Iah be in trouble? I better hurry.

I rushed past my father and entered the white stone palace that I called home.

I made my way for the blue crystal elevator near the entrance to the garden where I was. Rapidly, I pressed several levers, causing the structure to rise.

My right hand tapped the silver hilt of my sword. I wished that the thing would go faster.

Could Iah really in danger? Three of my friends had already experienced near-death situations. In fact, one was still in a coma as far as I knew. I couldn't allow another one to suffer. Worse, two of those friends were with Iah right now, along with several others.

I took several deep breaths to calm down. I wished that I had more time to train, but real-world situations were often better teachers than oneself. Unfortunately, they were often crueler too. Hopefully, this wouldn't be one of those.