Episode 40: Family Meal

I opened my eyes and let out a loud yawn

"Sounds like a sonic boom went off," Kun said, glancing back at me. He had finished changing.

I snickered. "Seems I was more tired than I thought. Though I'm ready to go now!" I said, stretching my arms and moving my body side to side.

Kun snickered. "Hyper as always, I see."

I grinned. "Like you're one to talk. You got more energy than me."

He puffed his chest out and nodded. "Glad you noticed my strength, little brother!"

I puffed my cheeks. "I said 'energy', not 'strength'! Though, you are probably physically stronger than me."

He laughed. "Not to mention magically too!"

I jumped out of bed. "No way! My magic is stronger than yours now!"

He leered at me and gave me a smug grin. "Want to try me?"

I held my hand out and gathered wind around it. "Yeah!"

"I hope that you two aren't about to fight inside of a hotel room."

Kun and I turned toward the door and saw Yen glaring at us.

"H-how did you get inside?" Kun and I asked in unison.

She held out a key and laughed. "Wanikiya lent me his key. I had a feeling that you two would try something like this."

"You know us well," Kun and I said, lowering our heads.

Yen snickered. "Of course I do. I'm the eldest triplet! Now, how about we go get breakfast before we head out to look for Lei's Lion."

"Okay!" I said. My eyes peered down at my wrinkled shirt and shorts. I hadn't changed into my pajamas last night. I patted my shorts down until they didn't look like crumpled paper. "There! Ready to go!"

"Surprised you fell asleep without changing. Guess that Adela wasn't covering for you after all when she said you were fast asleep when she came to check up on you."

I smiled. "Nope, not at all." If only she knew that I was awake until Adela left the room.

***

The three of us went downstairs and saw our parents and little brother waiting for us. Shan was rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Did you not sleep well?" I asked.

"I did. Mama made sure I did," he said as he continued to rub his eyes. "Maybe too well."

Mama laughed and tapped his head. "There."

Shandian smiled. "The sleepiness is gone!"

"Can you do the same for Lei too?" Kun asked. "He had a yawn that sounded like an aircraft taking off!"