Episode 49: Dance

Zelde, Sarah, and I departed from the others and took the elevator over to the third floor

"Iah's dragon sure is cute," Zelde said as she leaned back on the elevator back wall.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"It thinks that Ny's its mommy," Orcy said as she continued to ride on my head.

I blushed. "Orcy!"

"You didn't want me to share that?"

I pouted. "Well, it's only because I was the first one it saw when it hatched."

Sarah giggled.

"Does it think that Iah's the daddy?" Zelde asked, trying not to laugh.

I grumbled. "Y-yes," I said as my face warmed up. "But that's because he was the other person he saw first!"

"You two did look like parents just now in the lobby," Sarah's voice echoed in my head. Orcy had used her powers to help her communicate with us.

I lowered my head.

Zelde patted my back. "Relax, we're just teasing you. We know that you like Lei."

"I-I don't like him!" I snapped, my face had become redder. "A-at least not that way that you're implying!"

Sarah shook her head. "Why can't you just be honest? It's obvious to everyone."

"I-I... Well, you like An!" I yelled.

Sarah's face reddened. "I don't like that peeping tom!"

Zelde sighed. "Sarah, isn't it about time that you forgave him for that? Based on what I've heard, he didn't do it on purpose."

"The ones there were him and I," Sarah mumbled. "There's no way to tell if he was telling the truth."

I smiled. "So, is the one that you like Kun?"

"I don't like that clown either," she said, turning away.

"You're lying," I said, chuckling.

"If I am, then so are you!" she snapped.

Well, I knew that I was.

"Girls, stop arguing," Zelde said. She sighed. "I didn't think that you two would become this serious. Though both of you should try to be more honest."

"What about you?" Sarah asked.

"Huh?"

"Don't you like Wanikiya?"

Zelde closed her eyes. "You've asked me that before. Whether I like him or not, it doesn't matter in the end. The two of us are engaged."

"Oh, right," Sarah said.

"Does Nahimana know?" I asked.

"Of course she does. She's been trying to shift the engagement."