Episode 99: Destruction

*Isabel*

Thalia gasped and dashed in front of me.

"More allies of yours, maybe?" Ryan asked, hopefully.

I narrowed my eyes at the forest as nothing emerged.

"If it's an ally of her, then I think they're misunderstanding something as I'm sensing an overwhelming bloodlust," Thalia said, gritting her teeth.

"Impressive. You must have experience with unsavory types," a blond-haired young man in a white coat said as he stepped out of the woods. Who was this guy? Another Hierarchian?

Thalia's right-eye twitched. "Sadly, I do."

The man laughed as he calmly approached us.

"Be on guard. Fai, protect the rear," Rebecca said, swinging her arm.

Fai did as told and fell to the back of the group. She formed a water around all around us.

"Water, huh?" the man said with a slight smirk. Sparks flew out of the corners of his eyes.

"Wait, that guy can use lightning magic!" I yelled, gathering the winds into my hand.

"Then it's best that you take care of guard duty," Thalia said, vanishing. She reappeared behind the man but gasped as his elbow slammed her into a tree.

"Thalia!" Ryan yelled. He gritted his teeth and charged at the man. "Animus Draco!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. A shadowy deep violet dragon appear around him and crashed into the ground, sending out an eerie aura.

The Hierarchian jumped into the air. Ryan's spell emerged underneath him and opened its jaws wide.

"You okay?" I asked as I took the opportunity to run over to Thalia.

"I'm alright," Thalia said, covering her abdomen.

"I'll heal you anyway, just in case," I whispered, putting a hand over hers.

"Fulgur!" the man above yelled at the top of his lungs. A bolt of lightning struck the ground, leaving a large scorch mark behind.

"Ryan!" Thalia yelled, sitting up. She winced in pain. So, I was right. She had lied about being okay.

"This is why I didn't want you two to get involved," I said, gritting my teeth.

"You two have little faith in me," Ryan sighed as he appeared behind us.

I laughed. "I knew you were fine." If I hadn't, I probably would've gone crazy on that guy.

"Don't let your guard down, you three!" Rebecca yelled. We gasped as a metal dome appeared before us. The young man's hand pierced through it but remained stuck. The metal bent around him, grasping him tightly. Any electricity that flowed out of the hole kept being redirected into the metal trap.

I took a deep breath and flapped my arms, sending flames at the guy. He probably was going to be burned alive, but this was a war.

Suddenly, smoke rose from the metal before my flames had even hit it. The fire spread throughout the bent dome, melting it.

Ryan looked at me uneasily as he picked up Thalia.

A ray of electricity shot up into the sky, hitting a cloud. A series of lightning strikes struck the forest, setting them ablaze.

I drew the flames out of the tree tops and focused them into a sphere over the freed Hierarchian. Apart from his now tattered coat, he looked fine. The man was oddly calm for a guy who was nearly cooked alive.