Episode 71: Seal

"Lei!" I yelled, reaching out my hand

"Lei!" I yelled, reaching out my hand. My vines knocked the sword away before it could hit Lei. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it out of Iah's hands.

Lei jumped away, but his expression was serious. He sure was fearless in battle.

Ratmir-Iah clicked his tongue. He glanced at me and laughed. "You got in the way again, Adela."

"Hey, pay attention," Lei said, punching him in the face. Iah went crashing into the wall opposite of me.

"Nyima, now!" I yelled.

Nyima held out her hands with her thumbs and index fingers joined to form a triangle shape. A prism of light shot out her hands, hitting Ratmir-Iah on the chest.

"What are you doing?" he asked, grunting.

"We're going to yank you out of Iah," I said as chains of light shot out of Nyima's prism. Vines appeared around his legs and arms, keeping him fastened into the floor and wall.

Ratmir-Iah grinned. "You think this will do?"

"Everyone behind me!" Lei yelled, dashing over to us. A blast of black smoke rattled the room. Once the dark mist and the dust the explosion unleashed vanished, we saw Ratmir-Iah flying in the air.

He smiled at Lei. A purple barrier had shielded the three of us. "Not bad. This is one of his abilities, isn't it? That Abysmal buried within you." He took a deep breath. "Listen here, you feckless traitor! Take over Lei, or I'll destroy you alongside him."

"You'll do no such thing," Lei said, leaping into the sky. A pair of black angel-like wings appeared from his back.

"Angel wings?" Nyima said, eyes wide.

I bit my lip. When analyzing Lei's abysmal after sealing it within him, I noticed angelic traits. The creature really was a hybrid.

Cat-like claws emerged from Lei's fingers. He slashed rapidly at Iah, cutting through his scaly skin with ease.

Ratmir-Iah clicked his tongue. "An angel? No wonder your loyalties are messed up."

"Shut up!" Lei said, glaring at him. He cupped his hands and formed a sphere of electricity mixed with darkness. "Lei-Shi combo! Black Lightning!" Bolts of black lightning emerged from his hands. Ratmir-Iah moved out of the way.

My eyes widened as everything the lightning touched was vaporized. The areas beneath those destroyed had lava on them.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Iah asked, snapping back to normal.

"Try to fighting him off," Lei yelled.

Iah grimaced as he landed. "I'm trying to do that." He fell to his knees. The shadows around the sword were working their way up his right arm.

Nyima shot spheres of light at it, pushing the darkness back.

"We need to take that sword from him," I said as I readied roots to grab hold of it.