Special #8: The Perfect Shot

I hummed as I knee kicked a ball up and down

Lei clapped. "Go, Kun, go!" my little brother yelled, giggling.

Hehe. The kid sure could be entertained by simple things. I threw the ball into the air and hit it with my head. I bounced it several times before getting it to roll on my head. Moving my arms, I got the ball to drop from my head to my arms.

"Woah!" Lei said as I rolled it from one arm to the next.

"Neat!" Yen said as she came out. She had been watching Daddy do taxes. Not sure why. They were so boring! Who in their right mind liked watching someone else do math? Even doing it oneself was so tedious!

Daddy smiled as he followed behind her. "Where did you learn that trick from?"

I rubbed the back of my head. "It was on accident."

"Kun was playing football when he hit himself in the head. He then scored over the net," Lei said, grinning.

"It was funny," Yen said, smiling.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"At least you didn't hit your face with it," Daddy said.

He had a point there.

"I wish I could do it too," Lei said, frowning.

I sat down beside him. "It's alright. You'll be able to when you're bigger and stronger."

"When will that be?"

I hummed. "Not sure."

"Strength comes from multiple sources," Daddy said, kneeling down and patting my little brother on the head. "All three of you have your own kind."

"We do?" Yen and Lei asked in unison.

"What's mine?" Lei asked.

"Yours is your determination never to give up."

Lei smiled. "So not giving up makes me stronger?"

"Not exactly, but it is a certain kind of strength, which is what I meant by you each have your own kind."

"Oh, so not giving up is my own strength!"

"What's mine? What's mine?" Yen asked, jumping up and down. 

"Yours is your wit."

Yen grinned. "That means my smarts, right?"

He nodded.

She bounced up and down. "Yahoo! I knew I was smart!" She turned toward me. "And Kun?"

Lei chuckled. "I know his. It's his craftiness, isn't it?"

Daddy smiled and turned to look at me. "Yup. He's the craftiest of you three."

I crossed my arms. "Of course I am!" I winced. The ball I'd been playing with had hit my head.

Yen laughed. "Dummy!"

"I'll show you 'dummy'!" I threw the ball at her, but she slapped it, sending it into the sky.

"You owe me a new ball," I mumbled.

"That ball belonged to all of us!" Yen said.

Lei sighed. "Great, we lost our ball. So much for being smart, Yen."

Yen blushed. "I'll get it back!" she yelled, flying up.

I gasped. The ball was flying back down.

"Run!" we all screamed. We hid behind the door, tree, and under the back porch, but the ball just landed gently.

"Huh?" Lei asked, stepping out of the house.

Yen emerged from her hiding spot underneath the porch. "What happened?" She gasped and turned toward Daddy.

He smiled as he spun the air around with his index finger.

"You pushed our ball back down from all the way down here?" I asked, stepping out from behind my tree.

"More like I grasped it with air. Handy for recovering stuff from the sky, ain't it?"

"I want to do that!" Lei exclaimed, jumping on his back. "Teach me!"

"Same here!" I said.

Yen coughed. "Boys, don't tackle Papa!"

"Hmph. I bet you want to learn it too. It's as obvious as day by your face!"

"Don't fight, kids or I'll have to take your ball," Dad said, lifting the ball into the air.

"Wahh, ball!" I yelled, tackling it.

Yen sighed. "You're as attached to that thing as a seal is to its beachball."

Lei smiled. "Maybe Kun's part seal!"

I chuckled. "Both of you would be too in that case. We are triplets."

My little brother clapped his hands and began making seal noises.

Yen sighed. "Lei..."

Daddy put a hand on her shoulder. "Let your brothers have some fun."

"Okay!"

"Yahoo! Let's play catch, Lei!" I yelled, throwing him the ball.

He smiled as he held it in his hands and threw it at Yen.

She gasped and caught it. "You want me to play too?"

Lei nodded. "You're our sister. It sucks to feel left out."

I frowned. He meant that by experience, didn't he? If only I'd been the one with asthma.

"Say, cheese!" a sing-song voice echoed from within the house. We all turned to the door and saw Mommy with a camera.

"Cheese!" I said as we all smiled. As Mommy snapped the photo, I caught the ball, making for the perfect shot. No pun intended. 

**Solar Note: I hope that you enjoyed the short special. Published it as a BoR special as it's also the 3rd year anniversary of BoR's release. Well, the plan was to release it for the 3rd anniversary, but I went a few minutes over that time. Thoughts on it?**