Epilogue: Prepared

"Adela!" Lei said, waving at me as soon as I got off of the boat

My cheeks reddened. "L-Lei. You didn't need to come all the way here to greet me."

"You do know that I'm here too, right?" Yen asked, chuckling.

"Of course!" I said, turning to look at her. She stood farther back than her brother. I took a deep breath and smiled. "I'm just surprised to see you here. Thought that you would be training like crazy."

Lei swung his arms behind his head. "Yeah, but I promised Nyima that I would rest in return for one last spar before she headed for Nine Petal. Got to keep my word, ya know."

Nice job, Ny. Though, I couldn't help be feel a bit jealous.

Yen sighed. "Not that he hasn't broken it before, but at least it seems he's doing a good job... for now."

"Is Eli with you?" Lei asked.

"Nah, I dropped him off in Mina. He reunited with Alex and the others."

"I see, so he's still helping them," Yen said.

I nodded as I stared at the sunset. "My brother's the one who stayed back in Xian in case H.E.H. ends up attacking us. Though, I think their aim will be set on Sera's other neighbors."

"Hopefully they're ready to fight those monsters."

"I also hope so," I said. Arima, Alto, and Ulissis lived in neighboring Sefa. While Harun and Hoin weren't too far from there. I didn't want to see anyone else lose their home to the Higher Evolutionary Hierarchy.

"We better get stronger just in case," Lei said, turning around.

Yen nodded. "It's the least we can do. Wahkan doesn't many mages left."

Lei chuckled. "If they dare come to Wahkan by air, we'll shoot them down. If they come in by sea, then Ny and Orion will drown them."

"How about we talk about other things," I said, running past the two. I spun around to face the two triplets. "Any expectations for the new exchange students?"

"I'm expecting a few crazy strong people in a sea of average people."

Lei grinned and flexed his arm. "I just hope that they'll give me a challenge of some kind, regardless of their talents."

I chuckled. "I thought you would say that!" My eyes shifted to the setting sun. "Hopefully, you will get your wish." I shook my head as I recalled Ling would be taking the test as well. "No, I am sure that you will."

He nodded. "Same here!"

**Solar Note: Thank you for staying with the series for this long. This book took me longer to finished than I wanted and expected (two years, six months, and 3 days). Originally had hoped to finish it on its second anniversary, or on Halloween 2021. Alas, I went ahead and made some big changes. The first forty-plus chapters of Crimson Phoenix Guardian will be the chapters that I had originally written for this one (what used to be Episodes 76 to 117). That said, I do plan to change things (mostly add), so I encourage those that read them when they were up to re-read them once the new book is up thirteen days from now (April 14th). Once again, thank you so much!**