Episode 106: Planning the Infiltration

*Emile*

"Bye, take care, son," Fan said, hugging the king tightly as Iah and my son said goodbye to Vermeil.

"I will," Qing-Yuan said, patting her back.

She wiped her tears away and turned to look at Alex. Removing her necklace, she grabbed his hand and put the tear-drop shaped crystal in his palm. "That's the water I promised you. Hopefully it's enough for what you need."

Alex smiled slightly. "Thanks."

"Here, let me keep it safe for you in my hyper-ring" Rebecca said, holding her hand out.

He glanced at Olivia who nodded.

Rebecca smiled as she put away the water. "Also helps me run some tests on its composition."

"Don't ruin it now," Thalia said, crossing her arms. "That stuff is vital."

"Don't worry, these aren't chemical experiments."

"Curious how you plan to find out. You aren't a water mage," Fai said.

"No, but he is!" Rebecca said, pointing at me.

I grinned. "Yup!"

"Let's go," Vermeil said, waving at them to follow before leaping over the opening.

The kids, Fan, Neil, and the other two caretakers walked to the metal platform she had made for them. The giant plate rose to the air, causing some of the kids to shriek and others to laugh.

"Don't panic. I have you." The plate moved to the right as soon as it was out of the cavern. A light thump could be heard.

"There they go," Qing-Yuan said, sighing.

"Don't worry, Vermeil will take care of them. She's more capable than her playful persona might have you think," Hal said, grinning.

"Wait, weren't you thinking of recruiting Noe?" Dai asked, glancing at his sister.

Fai nodded. "Yes, but for that we need the boy to get better first. Plus, it's best that he spends some more time with his family. You know how grueling the training can be."

Qing-Yuan rubbed the back of his head. "Which is why Sarah wanted to become one of you when she was little."

Fai smiled. "She probably would've been one of our best knights if she had become one."

He sighed. "Starting to think it was a mistake not letting her."

"Well, she was your only family at the time, so it's understandable you didn't want her gone," Dai-Huan said.

Qing-Yuan lowered his head. "Yeah, but still."

"How many of you are there?" Iah asked, glancing at the twins.

"We are a small but elite order made up of eleven individuals."

"Where are the other nine?"

"Aiguo and Bolin are fighting alongside the Minese on the western front," Qing-Yuan answered. "Baozhai is currently on the coast of Miha."

"Huh? Why is she out there?

"Top secret," Fai said.

I laughed. "You already gave out a lot."

"Yeah," Thalia said with narrowed eyes.

Fai blushed.

Dai patted her shoulder. "It's alright, they're our allies."

"There's a weapon on board the ship. It's a last resort."

Iah's eyes widened. "You don't mean..."