Episode 58: Hitting the Road Once More

I huffed as I stepped out of Yuzuki's portal

I huffed as I stepped out of Yuzuki's portal. She might've known Lei longer than I did, but it was irritating to see her being all friendly with him.

"You're jealous, aren't you?" Adela's brother asked, grinning.

I swung my fist back, punching Elliot square on the forehead, sending him stumbling back.

"Hey, that was uncalled for!" Elliot yelled.

"So was your comment," I said, walking away.

"Elliot, mind your own business," Adela said, touching her brother's forehead.

He winced from the touch. "Okay," he said, pouting as his sister healed his head.

I snickered at the exchange. It was almost as if Adela were the older sibling.

"And you. You shouldn't be so violent," Adela said, glancing at me.

I took a deep breath. "Sorry. I let my anger get the best of me."

"You shouldn't give in to rage," Elliot said, rubbing his forehead.

Adela laughed drily. "It's funny to hear that from you, Mr. Rage mode."

Elliot blushed. "I... I guess that I do need to work on it."

His little sister smiled. "At least you didn't go ballistic on Nyima just now. The old you might've done so."

"Rage form?" I asked.

Elliot scratched his head. "Yeah. I don't really remember much while I'm using it, but based on second-hand descriptions, an orange aura surrounds me."

"He starts acting like a rabid beast," Adela added. "It can be terrifying."

I thought back to Adela's behavior when confronting Yoko, the shark mask girl. She had almost killed her. If not for An and me arriving on time, Adela likely would've done so. Even when we arrived, she had already trained her sights on Nobuyuki.

"You're thinking about that time at the beach, aren't you?" Adela asked with sad eyes.

I bit my lip. "Yes," I admitted.

Adela lowered her eyes to the pavement. "My brother's rage form and mine can likely be attributed to the trauma of having lost our parents. Whenever someone important to us is hurt, we tend to overreact."

I gulped. "That had to have been hard on you."

"It still is," Elliot said with saddened eyes. He shook his head and smiled. "But as time goes on, it's slowly numbing. For better or worse."

"That's natural," Yen said as she walked over to us. "When my parents, brothers, and I thought that Kun had died, it was hard to believe. But as each year passed, the pain slowly dwindled."

Elliot glanced at Kun as he talked to Sarah. "At least Kun turned out to be alive."

Yen smiled at her brother. "Yeah. Though, I still wonder what happened that day..." She glanced at Hikaru. "I kept help but feel that Kun is hiding something important. When we discovered the truth, he said that he did die. Lei and I had initially taken it as a bad joke, but I wonder..."