Episode 61: Aura of Confidence

A day had passed since Lei, Adela, and Elliot's encounters with the Hierarchians

A day had passed since Lei, Adela, and Elliot's encounters with the Hierarchians. After driving without stopping, we were now in the outskirts of the capital.

"I don't see any Hiearchians," Lei said as he surveyed the road.

"Nor do I," Adela said.

I closed my eyes and tried to detect whether or not anyone was hidden behind the trees and boulders dotting the landscape. It was a bit hard to do on a moving vehicle, but I managed to detect some figures moving slowly in the forest.

"Adela, get ready to shield the vehicle," I said.

Adela nodded. The metal shell of the car creaked as Adela infused it with her magic. For an average metal mage, doing so would've been challenging due to the magic-resistant nature of the Colium used to create the vehicle. Of course, Adela wasn't an average mage.

Suddenly, fireballs came flying in our direction, causing Adela to flinch. She held out her hands and threw the flames back in the direction they had come from. Doing so set the forest on fire.

Nyima lowered the window a bit. Water flowed from her hands and bombarded the forest, putting out the fire while also dealing with our attackers.

"It's a good thing that we went on ahead of the others, huh?" Lei said.

I leaned forward. "Yeah. I wouldn't want the kids to get involved in this. Keep on driving forward. The four of us will take care of them."

I glanced at Yuzuki.

She grabbed my arm and warped the two of us into the spots that Nyima had bombarded. Several soldiers dressed in white armor stood up and pointed their wands at me.

I slammed my dragon tail against those close to me and raised the earth around the others.

"Agh!" one of them yelled, melting the rock around her. I whacked her back with my tail, knocking her unconscious.

I held slammed my feet against the ground, causing more stones to rise up around the soldiers. Thrusting my hands forward, I pushed them deeper into the forest, creating gash marks on the ground where they once were.

"Want me to teleport a few of them in front of your guards?" Yuzuki asked, glancing around to see if there were any left.

"No. You shouldn't waste your energy on them. What we should do is bring some guards over here to take them prisoner."

"Alright. Let's return to the others."

I nodded.

Yuzuki touched my back, and space warped around us. Before I knew it, we were back in the car.

"How did it go?" Lei asked as he drove at a brisk pace.

"Well. Don't think any higher-ups were among them," I said.