Episode 110: Crackling Aura

I jumped back, dodging Gavin's lightning bolt

The ice girl smiled and thrust her hands forward, unleashing a chilly wind.

I covered my body in acidic goo, melting the ice as it covered me, though the temperature had gone down so low that the viscous liquid started to become solid.

"Terra Draco!" a voice chanted from the front gates.

The girl spun around and caught the dragon by its jaws, closing it shut by blowing cold air into its mouth.

The edges of the dragon's scales started to glow red and the ice around the stone dragon's jaw started melting.

Delphine gasped and let go of the dragon, allowing it crash to the floor. The dragon raised it's body up and ejected fire from its mouth.

What was Iah doing? Wait, fire? Did someone enchant his dragon with a fire spell? Or was there a fire mage hidden inside? Like Isabel!

Gavin rushed at it but was blown back by a powerful gale of wind. He sidestepped the pressurized ball of air that followed and aimed at the calm Iah.

"Lightning Talon!" Gavin yelled as he jumped into the air.

Iah raised his arms up, blocking his electrified kicks.

"You must be tired. A boy with asthma hits harder than you!" Iah said, thrusting his horn forward to impale Gavin.

Gavin jumped back and grabbed the horn. "You mean the same boy that you lost to despite having the powers of an abysmal in your hands?"

Iah's eyes widened. "How do you know?"

"Lady Huo mentioned it."

I gasped. Did he just say Huo? Then was the man who governed this place a member of Miha's ruling clan? Wait, but the only Huo were Kadriya and his children. No, there was one more... his older brother. The man who is said to have killed his own family for the sake of power. If we were up against someone like that then... Mom, Dad, they were in trouble!

 Iah gritted his teeth as Gavin struck him with bolts of electricity. "Away with you!" Iah yelled, moving his head around like a rampaging bull.

Gavin smirked and upped the discharge's flow and strength.

"Let go of him!" I yelled, throwing needles at the Hierarchian.

He raised his hand and stopped the needles in midair with his electricity and deflected them back at me.

A black shield whacked them away. A dark-skinned woman in dark blue armor stood in front of me.

"Who are you?" I asked, blinking.

She sighed. Smoke covered her. Once it vanished, Darin stood where she was.

"Oh, Darin!" I said. "Was that your sister?"