Episode 111: Flame of Void

Uncle walked past us, not even turning to look at us briefly

Uncle walked past us, not even turning to look at us briefly. Elliot and Xun followed after him.

"Uncle?" Isabel said.

"Let's stay focused on the mission," he said, continuing on his way. He leapt over the broken front stairs.

I lowered my head. He was mad...

"Don't worry," Elliot said. "Once we adults are done cleaning up this place, you can talk to him."

Alex chuckled. "Adults? You mean Xun, Huang, and the other adults already here, right?"

Elliot grumbled. "You know that I was counting myself too!"

"Eh? You're not an adult," Keith said.

Thalia nodded. "He's more childish than Hal and Iah."

Hal laughed. He grabbed his side and stopped laughing. The lilac aura around him vanished and he fell to the ground.

"Hal!" I yelled, rushing over to him. "Are you alright?"

He smiled weakly as I held him steady. "T-that aura really strains the body."

I sighed. That really was surprising to see. Didn't expect Hal to be part angel. From the sound of it, he wasn't aware either.

"Here, let's get going," I said.

Darin narrowed his eyes and leapt over to me. A shockwave vibrated across the palace lobby, destroying the walls and pillars around us.

"Looks like I made it just in time," Ethan said, leaping down.

"Tsk, to have to rely on the likes of you," Delphine said as she stood near the stairs. She hadn't fled? His lips curled up into a smile. "What's with that look of surprise? You thought that we were finished? Please, I have my pride to defend!"

"Thought your mom worked for the archdemon of lust, not pride," Gavin said, laughing.

Delphine narrowed her eyes at him.

"Archdemon of lust?" Alex said, eyes wide. He looked down.

"Rings a bell?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah..."

Making a pact with a literal devil... Why would her mother work for a demon? Did she offer her power?

"Seems like you're back on your feet. Would've loved to have had a rematch," Hal said, smirking.

Ethan held his hand toward us. "As would I, but the ones I'm after are your parents. I'll make them regret having met me!"

"You won't get that chance," I said, putting Hal down and covering him in a barrier of stone. "We'll take you down before you can."

Isabelle narrowed her eyes at Gavin and Delphine. "Let's take those two down, guys!"

"Sure!" Elliot said as a red martial aura covered his body.