Episode 67: Aspire

*Iah*

After going to fetch Eri and Yuzuki, we headed to meet Nyima. She waited for us at the southern gate like she said she would. For some reason, she had Orcy out. Maybe she got lonely without us.

"Hope that I didn't keep you waiting too long," I said, winking.

Nyima looked up and rolled her eyes. "Wouldn't be the first time."

My cheeks warmed. She hadn't outright rejected my advances. Was I finally starting to make some headway?

Her index and middle fingers pressed against my forehead. "Why are you smiling? That's not a good thing."

I chuckled. "You sure?"

She sighed. "Are you here for a trip or to flirt?"

I grinned. "Why not both? Is it wrong to flirt on the road to ruins?"

Lei laughed. "That sounds like an anime title."

"Maybe it is," Adela said.

"I should search it up!" Lei said, taking out his phone.

I chuckled. What is up with them? The atmosphere between us was heavy earlier, and now it's light.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Yuzuki asked as she adjusted her bag. "Not knowing the nature of the relics within the ruins is a pitfall."

"True, but we'll have to enter to find out," Eri said. He glanced over his shoulder as if waiting for someone. He had called someone on the way here.

My eyes widened as I saw Hikaru being pushed by a frantic Yen. A laughing Kun followed them close behind.

"We're ready to go!" Yen yelled, with a backpack filled to the brim. The boys also had bags like hers.

"Uh, we're not going on a camping trip, you guys," Yuzuki said. "And please don't make Hika carry all that weight. He's not a mule."

"Are you implying that Yen and I are?" Kun asked, chuckling.

Yen narrowed her eyes at Yuzuki. "Are you?"

Yuzuki turned to look at Lei for backup.

Lei just chuckled.

"Yeah, she is," Nyima answered for her.

"How do you know?" Yuzuki asked, turning around.

Nyima patted Orcy's head. "She told me. This cute orca whale can read minds."

Yuzuki laughed nervously as Yen got closer. "Is that so."

"I thought that you were my friend, Yuzu!" Yen yelled. "Friends don't call other friends mules!"

Eri clapped his hands. "That's enough! Everyone into the van!"

"Aye aye, captain!" Kun and Lei said, saluting him.

Eri chuckled. "Especially you two clowns."

Kun touched his nose and squished it like a clown would.

I laughed.

"Wait, if you're here, who is attending Sarah?" Nyima asked, raising a brow at Kun.

"Zelde and Nahimana," Kun said as he opened the back door of the van.

"Nahimana?" Adela asked. "No idea that she and Sarah were close."

"They really aren't, but Nahimana's marbles allow her to communicate with her."

"How does that work?" Lei asked as he sat in the driver's seat while Eri took the one next to him.

"They can read people's emotions and thoughts. Nahi is a lot more powerful than any of you know."