Episode 112: Void

"Hello, auntie!" Ecelaph said, waving at me

I waved back at him.

"How are you doing?" his mother asked, smiling.

I moved my finger around the palm of Nyima.

Nyima smiled slightly. "She says that she's doing well..." Her gaze fell down to my phone. "Though, she seems to be worried for her brother."

Ecelaph furrowed his brow. "I am too... Mommy is the same."

My sister-in-law grasped the skirt of her dress and lowered her head. "Qing-Yuan had been training, but he'd never been much of a fighter. He's one who loves the finer things in life, like playing piano and dancing," she whispered.

"Though, he isn't exactly weak either," Kun said as he made his way over to us. "He did take down Kitsune."

Only issue was that the Hierarchians were on a completely different league from that fox-man and his underlings.

Ecelaph smiled. "Maybe we shouldn't count Daddy out yet!"

If only I could've been as positive as him. Big brother, please come back in one piece...

I gritted my teeth and jumped back as the flames leapt at me

Hideo warped over to me. Had Jianguo burned the anti-teleportation talismens by accident? Or had Hideo figured a way around them? Or maybe they didn't account for angels. 

He cupped his hands and thrust them forward. The flames flew into his hands and formed a sphere. "These are intense!" Hideo said, wincing.

No way, even he couldn't handle them?

Hideo laughed weakly. "Don't look concerned, I can take these. That said, it's been years since I'd experienced flames this intense."

"Oh? Met someone else with flames as strong as mine?" Jianguo said, leaping out of his wall of fire.

The Gun Knight unleashed the sphere of blue flames and grabbed me by the arm, warping us away.

"We left Yanyu behind!" I yelled as we appeared on the rooftop of the palace.