158

As Fei Qianchi and Fei Shang traveled closer, the voices were evident. The sound of sword slashes were heard as Fei Qianchi threw a talisman into the air, a barrier appearing around them.

"Hongniu Hornets..." As Fei Shang listened, he heard buzzing noises from the distance, not too far from them.

It didn't take long for people to appear, running as a massive herd of black shadows flew around them.

Seeing Fei Qianchi, the people in front of them hurriedly ran towards them.

Fei Qianchi looked at Fei Shang who nodded.

Fei Shang walked towards the other cultivators, forming a protective barrier around them to protect them.

Fei Qianchi held Baihe in his hand, walking towards the herd of Hongniu Hornets.

The hornets were massive in size, almost as big as birds. There were red stripes on their bodies, their mouths crooked with sharp teeth and a long sting on them. Most of all, they traveled in herds so they were a bit tricky to deal with.

Fei Qianchi knew that killing them all was going to be rather difficult. Hongniu hornets traveled in hundreds to thousands. But still, there was no panic on his face as Fei Qianchi held Baihe and then slashed. With one slash, dozens of Hongniu hornets fell to the ground, their bodies cut in half.

Fei Qianchi was used to these spiritual beasts now, there were plenty of them in this forest. Although they could be a bit tricky to deal with, Fei Qianchi knew that these hornets were also frightened easily, hence, seeing their companions drop dead, they would back off.

As Fei Qianchi continued to slash Baihe at the hornets and more of them died, it didn't take long for the hornets to begin flying away, leaving Fei Qianchi behind. Fei Qianchi smiled, flicking off the blood on Baihe as he turned back.

Staring at Fei Shang, Fei Qianchi replied, "It seems like this matter is now dealt with." Then, his eyes turned to the people by Fei Shang.

While their robes were a bit torn, their complexions seemed better than expected.

A man stepped forward. He didn't seem too young, but it was also relatively hard to tell how old he was. He was dressed in a green robe, a saber on his back. The man looked at Fei Qianchi, nodding his head as he cupped his fist, saying, "Thank you for saving us, Senior. This one's name is Shu Dianwei, I am a disciple of Wuhui Sect."

A girl stepped up, her long hair tied with a pin. "This one's name is Shu Ruliao, I am a disciple of Wuhui sect."

Looking at them by side, it wasn't hard to tell that they were brothers and sisters.

Fei Qianchi smiled, "Is this your first time in this forest?"

Shu Dianwei nodded, "It is. We didn't expect to suddenly stumble upon the Hongniu hornets so we were unable to prepare in time."

Shu Ruliao stepped closer to Shu Dianwei, hiding behind him.

Fei Qianchi noticed but paid no attention to it, merely glancing at Fei Shang who shrugged.

"My name is Fei Qianchi, a disciple of Fushui Sect." Fei Qianchi still held Baihe, cupping his fists around the sword as he also gave his name.

Shu Ruliao's eyes widened at this. She glanced up at Shu Dianwei.

"So it is you... I have heard of your name for long now." Shu Dianwei echoed out.

"I am Qianchi's younger brother, Fei Shang," Fei Shang cupped his fist, giving out his name in an even tone.