189

At the end of the day, Fei Shang and Zhu Luishui excused themselves.

In the room, Chan Lihua sat on a chair, still talking to Zhu Longwang while Zhu Longwang listened attentively.

Abandoned, Fei Qianchi and Zhu Rong watched in silent, swallowing their distress.

Fei Qianchi glanced at Zhu Rong, "How were you able to leave your role in Heaven?" He knew how busy Zhu Rong was, both as the Deity of Fire and a trusted subordinate of the Jade Emperor. Not to mention, the man had his own land that he protected and guarded.

Zhu Rong smirked at his words, snapping his fingers as he replied with, "I threatened him. Well, rather than say it like that, I made a deal with him. After all, I've known the Jade Emperor for a long time. Not to mention, after so many years diligently playing my role, I deserve a break." He shrugged his shoulders.

As he looked at Chan Lihua, his eyes softened. "Truth be told, before I met your mother, my life had become a routine." Zhu Rong chuckled as he heard Chan Lihua laugh. "I didn't care about her past. I just wanted her to become mine."

"She has been through a lot. My mother has suffered enough. That is why I have nothing to say against you. You are different. With you, she is also livelier." Fei Qianchi could recall his memories from when he was young. Back then, Chan Lihua was both strong and stubborn. She still was. Only that with Zhu Rong by her side, she no longer carried a huge burden.

Zhu Rong's face grew darker, nodding his head. "I know. I knew from the start. As soon as I looked at her, I knew her past. But what difference did it make? It only made me fall for her even more." He turned to Fei Qianchi.

Fei Qianchi smiled. He knew that Zhu Rong truly loved Chan Lihua. It was so obvious. The man's gaze constantly followed Chan Lihua, just like how Fei Qianchi found himself subconsciously looking at Zhu Longwang.

Zhu Rong pointed out Zhu Longwang, "It's similar to how you love him, Zhu Longwang. It's not like it can be stopped. Not to mention, your love shines so bright for him." He cocked his brow. "After all, you two have already spent a lifetime together."

Fei Qianchi flinched. Suddenly, Su Lianghe's words replayed in his head.

'Even after you reincarnated, you were still the same. You have reincarnated so many times, yet, I have been in this place for so long.'

Just remembering these words made him shiver. Su Lianghe, the man was another variable in their life. Not to mention, he was also in contact with Ran Mengyu.

Zhu Rong tilted his head, "Well, of course you wouldn't know. But, there is someone's resentment that remains upon you. Whenever I look at you, I see a broken promise marked by a severed golden thread."

Promise? Fei Qianchi bit his lips.

'Even though you've betrayed me before, it is true that you no longer hold those memories.'

Fuck! Fei Qianchi covered his eyes with his hand. He knew it. He knew that everything was not finalized yet. Otherwise, Su Lianghe wouldn't have said these words.

"Can you look into it any further?" Fei Qianchi asked, rubbing his face as he looked out from under his eyes.

Zhu Rong shook his head, "No. your fate is cloudy and so is your past lives. I can only see the severed golden thread that is left behind from a broken promise. Every soul has ten golden threads. A golden thread can be broken by either committing a sin or breaking an important promise in your life. Once a golden thread is severed, it cannot be fixed. Once ten golden threads have been severed, the Deity of Punishment, also known as the Deity of Thunder, Lei Gong, will punish that soul. There's no need to worry, only two of your golden threads have been severed."