7.23

"Ming Yu, follow me." Hong Daiyu called out.

Lu Fengmian turned his head at this sound, his veil gently fluttering as he stood up and slowly walked towards Hong Daiyu, who stood with another man. While noticing that the man looked familiar, Lu Fengmian did not think any further.

"Come, let's get a private room so we can talk in peace." Hong Daiyu did not care for Yang Delun's odd stare and merely announced to them.

Lu Fengmian had no objections, merely following Hong Daiyu while also sending a look towards Xi Feng, who merely smiled. With this, he silently followed the two as they climbed up the stairs and entered a private room located in the hallway.

Hong Daiyu entered in, lighting up a candle and brightening the room.

"Sit down first." Hong Daiyu said to the two men.

Yang Delun took a seat on the chair around the round table while Lu Fengmian slowly took a seat opposite of him.

Hong Daiyu looked at the two before she raised a brow with a bright smile and introduced, "Yang Delun, this is Ming Yu. Ming Yu this is Yang Delun, Duke Yang."

Looking at Yang Delun, Lu Fengmian's frosty eyes did not change and in a cold and chilly voice, he said, "A pleasure to meet you, Duke Yang."

"Likewise, it is the same for me." Yang Delun did have his cautions up.

"Well, Delun, tell him what you told me. Ming Yu is easily trusted and also a very helpful person for your case. Of course, that depends on if you have fully agreed to my deal." Hong Daiyu lifted her red lips.

Yang Delun's face darkened. "Before that, let me explain to Ming Yu. I still can't trust you fully."

Hong Daiyu smirked as she rolled her eyes.

Lu Fengmian now understand the two's relationship. They weren't on friendly terms, but they were quite civil even with the animosity. Lu Fengmian realized something. His heart was really turning cold and he no longer thought about him or Tang Qingshan. He had really moved on, even while he still cared for Tang Qingshan, he had come to the point where he understood that he shouldn't do anything now.

Now, he thought of Ming Yu as a different him, the identity that he would be using from now on. He was now fully a fox demon, Ming Yu, the fox demon and White Jade of Hong Pavilion.

"Please, Duke Yang, if you have anything, I shall help you to the best of my abilities," Lu Fengmian's voice became a bit warmer, not as cold as before.

Sitting opposite of Lu Fengmian, Yang Delun's face turned a darker color. "I want to know if there is an antidote to the Tomb Poison, other than the cure that it comes with."

To hear this, Lu Fengmian immediately thought of the possibilities. Furrowing his brows slightly, his blue eyes narrowed. "Duke, Tomb Poison has only one cure in this world. It is a poison specifically modified for each antidote and as long as the antidote is consumed, there is no way to recreate it."

"I have to save this person no matter what, is there a different alternative?" Yang Delun did not grow flustered with this answer. He also knew that he was asking for the impossible.

Hong Daiyu, who was listening, suddenly said, "Delun, first, are you willing to join us? Think about it. Once you give your affirmation, only then will I let Ming Yu help you."