4.4

Lee Shinwoo walked at a pace that was neither fast nor slow, stopping every once in a while as people turned to look at him. Further into the town now, there were still some people that hadn't left for any bases. And some of them recognized who he was, but they didn't step up. That only made sense. This was the apocalypse now, killing was much easier than said.

Lee Shinwoo had been trying to sniff out Min Yongjoon, not literally sniffing, but searching for him. Fei Shang had said that he was currently moving at a faster rate than expected, but it wasn't so fast that he wouldn't be able to catch up. Lee Shinwoo could tell that he was getting closer to Min Yongjoon.

As Lee Shinwoo was walking, he stopped.

[Host, Min Yongjoon is inside that mall.]

Lee Shinwoo looked to the right, staring at what was once a booming mall. He scrunched his brows.

(Inside of there?)

[Yes, Host. Also, there are detections of zombies in there. Please heed the warnings that like the humans, the zombies are also evolving at a fast rate. Also, every time you kill a zombie, there will be a red core located at the back of their necks. The core has energy within them and can help you level up your abilities.]

(Speaking about abilities, Fei Shang, can you detect what level I am at.)

[Host, all your levels are at level two. I made some updates on the body so that you would be ahead of any other ability user.]

Lee Shinwoo smirked at that. Taking another look at the building, he walked in. It was weird since he hadn't encountered any zombies even as a lone person walking by himself. Maybe they had detected that he had abilities and were choosing to stay away from him?

(Thanks.)

As Lee Shinwoo stepped into the building, he could tell right away that many people had stolen things already. Well, not that it was his business, but they had definitely left a mess. Shattered glass laid on the floor, broken walls, things left in tatters and Lee Shinwoo was pretty sure he had just saw a dead rat.

Taking a quick look, Lee Shinwoo softened his steps to stop any echoing within the building. The mall was quite big so it might take a while, but if he listened carefully, he should be able to detect some human noises.

Then, he could hear chattering echoing through the mall.

There were three voices.

Weird. In the story, it hadn't stated any details that Min Yongjoon was teamed up with anyone. Though, Min Yongjoon's partners may have been killed before he had met Kim Jiyoung.

And then, a scream was heard as ferocious growls followed. Lee Shinwoo perked up at once, his legs began running towards the sound.

It didn't take long for Lee Shinwoo to find them. At once, he recognized Min Yongjoon, but the other two men were still unknown to him.

There were five zombies, and currently, it didn't seem like any of them had abilities.

Lee Shinwoo wondered if he should keep his abilities a secret, but, he was sure that by now, there had to be some people who had already discovered this fact.

So, without even thinking twice, a blue flame emitted from his hand and Lee Shinwoo threw it towards the first zombie that had turned to him. He glanced around as a zombie came up behind him, a bolt of lightning striking down on that zombie with a wave of his hand.

Lee Shinwoo could hear someone gasp, but he was too occupied to deal with that. With a smirk on his face, he grabbed a growling zombie by the neck, his other hand burnt the zombie in the chest, a growl was heard.