7.16

"Sister, have you been here for long?"

Sitting in the room, Lu Fengmian sat by Lu Yingyue while Tang Qingshan was seated in the middle, Shan Mingxia on his right and Jiang Nianzhen on his left.

Lu Yingyue looked at her precious brother, a light flickering last her eyes as she stated, "No, Madam Tang was truly welcoming." She did not go into more details even as her heart ran turbulent.

"I see. Madam Tang is a great person. I was able to talk with her quite a bit during my time here and she is very welcoming. It's great that you were at peace," Lu Fengmian merely replied, a light of happiness and joy in his eyes. Even his smile seemed more delighted than usual, his handsome face lighting up.

Lu Yingyue, who witnessed this, clenched her hands from everyone's sight. Even as her face smiled lightly, her eyes couldn't help turning back to Shan Mingxia.

Just as Lu Fengmian was about to say something else, Tang Qingshan called out his name.

Lu Fengmian raised his head at this, and from the side, Lu Yingyue's eyes turned to Tang Qingshan.

They weren't sitting far from each other, gathered around the table, they were across from one another.

Tang Qingshan saw that Lu Fengmian was now listening to him and informed, "The Empress Dowager wanted to call you in and check up on her again. I have morning court tomorrow so you can just follow me and I'll guide you." As he said this, the maids began bringing in the dishes that were just freshly cooked.

Lu Fengmian could only nod his head. This was becoming a routine so he wasn't all too surprised.

Shan Mingxia sat watching everyone, eyes landing a bit longer on Lu Yingyue. This woman... there was something about her that felt odd. It seems like she would have to call in the people who had been watching Lu Fengmian. But even so, she calmly watched and as soon as all the dishes were set, she said, "Everyone, begin eating."

After the meal, Lu Fengmian followed Lu Yingyue into his room.

"Sister, is there something you need to tell me?" Lu Fengmian asked. He had felt something odd about Lu Yingyue but he wasn't able to pinpoint what to exactly it was.

Lu Yingyue could only shake her head. After all, this matter was better left unsaid. "No, I just suddenly miss our home. After all, that place does have a few memories for us." This part was true. Lu Yingyue had some lingering feelings back to their home in the mountain, a place quiet and peaceful, where they didn't have to worry about being found out for their identities. After all, she had already tainted her hands far too many times since being here.

Lu Fengmian couldn't help but walk forward and carefully grab Lu Yingyue's hand and gently say, "Sister, you look tired."

Hearing this, Lu Yingyue smiled lightly, pushing away all her worries. "I haven't been sleeping well lately, that's all." There was more, but she wouldn't say it.

"Alright, then, let us catch up a bit before you leave." Lu Fengmian smiled while saying. Unfortunately, Lu Yingyue had to return to Jiang Nianzhen's place.

Lu Yingyue nodded her head, eyes even more muddled. It was alright. If anything came to block her way, she could only destroy it. While saying this, her eyes gleamed softly. This time around, she had someone to protect now.

-

"Your Majesty, the poison is now gone. All I can advise is for you to carefully watch for the person who had done this to you." Lu Fengmian took back his arm, watching as Bai Suixin took back her wrist and merely nodded her head.