7.28.5

Lu Fengmian froze, his eyes wide. No... what had he just done? His eyes were filled with solemn as he watched Tang Qingshan pull a light smile with blood spilling from his mouth, his hands holding onto Lu Fengmian's blade that had dug deep into his heart. His heart ached, a suffering cry as his expression cracked. No, with his own hands, he had just doomed the man he loved.

"Feng...mian, pull out your sword. It's alright, it doesn't hurt." Tang Qingshan slowly said as he noticed the devastation setting in on Lu Fengmian's face. His voice was calm, as if it wasn't his own life that was going to end.

But Lu Fengmian couldn't move, the shock still setting in. His mind was clouded, unable to believe what he had just done.

Seeing that Lu Fengmian was still in shock, Tang Qingshan held onto the blade of his sword and slowly pulled the blade out, his own hands bleeding in the process. With this, Lu Fengmian finally reacted.

Lu Fengmian's hand reached out as Tang Qingshan's body collapsed onto the ground, blood pouring out from his wound, dying his armor red. "I... I didn't mean to, I don't want to kill you!" His voice came out so fast, it cracked with pain.

"Shh, it's not... your fault, Fengmian." Tang Qingshan's voice was very quiet, but there was a smile on his face as he looked into Lu Fengmian's eyes. This was the ending they couldn't escape. No matter what, one of them would've died. If that was the ending, then he would rather be the one who dies. There was a stabbing pain from his chest and Tang Qingshan grimaced.

Lu Fengmian's eyes reddened. What, steeling his heart? He loved Tang Qingshan too much. And now that everything had come to this point, although Lu Fengmian had been so focused on his mission, it still ached. He grasped onto Tang Qingshan. He could save the man, but even so, Lu Fengmian would fail this world's mission.

Tang Qingshan was still smiling, even as blood dripped from the corner of his mouth, his eyes were peaceful and content. "Fengmian, I'm sorry. I had hurt you. If I had known your real identity, if I had made different decisions in my life, I would've been glad to be with you. Unfortunately, I was already married." Tang Qingshan paused to take in a breath, "I am a bad person, an evil person for all of the things I have done. I can't escape death, but promise that you will stay alive."

Lu Fengmian gasped, tears finally escaping his eyes. "What did I do? I am not a good person. I killed so many people, just like you. I may have loved you, but you were rightfully someone else's. I didn't want to hurt you, Qingshan!"

Tang Qingshan's breathing was shallow and he carefully stretched out his hand to caress Lu Fengmian's face, wiping away his tears. "Why are you crying? I was the one who had hurt you, I was the one who caused you to change. When I had entered this battlefield, I knew that death was assured for me. But meeting you at least before my death, I can leave content." Tang Qingshan coughed, blood spilling from his mouth.

"No, please, stay with me for a bit longer." Lu Fengmian finally sought out a plan. As long as he could make Tang Qingshan's life last just a little longer, then that would be enough. Lu Fengmian's hand trembled as he placed his hand on top of Tang Qingshan's chest and began passing off a small amount of his life force.

A bright blue light shined from his hand, and Tang Qingshan tried to stop him. "Stop. Fengmian, I will die no matter what. Please don't try to save me. If I am to die, then at least you should live." Tang Qingshan felt his breath stabling and he hurried to stop Lu Fengmian.

But Lu Fengmian didn't budge, his own eyes clouding. So long as he saved Tang Qingshan and left a breath of life for himself, then... then everything would be solved. Yes, just this much should be enough. But he knew better than anyone. Although he could give away his life force, he still couldn't heal the physical damage he had caused. It was out of his control.