166

"Baicheng, have you decided your move?" Fei Qianchi asked. Sitting under the sky, covered by the pavilion, a game of Go was situated. Fei Qianchi could feel the slight breeze pushing past them.

Baicheng smiled, his red eyes glinting as he finally picked up a black stone and placed it on the board. "You're getting better at this, it won't take long until you surpass me." He shook his head lightly.

Fei Qianchi chuckled as he heard this. "It's because you've been teaching me. After being beaten by you for so long, it's only a wonder if I didn't pick up something from you." Then his hand moved to place a white stone onto the board without a second to spare.

Baicheng looked at the board, his mind in deep thoughts. He knitted his brows, his attention on the board. "You're learning even faster than what I had thought. If I knew you would be putting me in such situations, I would've kept some secrets to myself." He chuckled as he finally put down the black stone after a while of debating.

Hearing this, Fei Qianchi merely rolled his eyes. "As if you would do that. You were the one who taught me all your tricks." Go was never his strength. Zhu Longwang had always defeated him easily. Baicheng was also good, but the man carefully taught him. Now, Fei Qianchi could rival him, sometimes even winning in a game.

Fei Qianchi looked at Baicheng. Today, the man was in one of his more serious moods. It was as if the man had two personalities. One would be more carefree and uncaring, the other more serious. Fei Qianchi didn't mind, nor did he probe. He understood that some things were better left unsaid and so he didn't bring this up.

As Baicheng furrowed his brows slightly, the man clenched a black stone in his hand, thinking about were to put it.

Fei Qianchi smiled at this. As he looked at Baicheng, he noticed that the man's eyes were suddenly flickering. They switched from a red to a blue shade, and seeing this, he was also a bit startled. Fei Qianchi froze for a second. It didn't take long for the man's eyes to finally return to a solid red but Fei Qianchi was still a bit shocked.

"Qianchi?" Baicheng furrowed his brows as he looked at Fei Qianchi.

Fei Qianchi immediately stopped thinking about it. "Oh, sorry, I blanked out for a moment." He stared down at the board, picking a white stone in his hand. He held the stone for a moment, as if thinking about where to place it.

"Hey, are you alright?" Baicheng's hand reached forward upon Fei Qianchi's head, brushing away the hair that fell over. His brows were furrowed.

Fei Qianchi leaned into Baicheng's hand. He didn't know why. The longer he spent with Baicheng, it was as if a part of him was being healed. There was this part of him that now ached whenever he was gone from Baicheng for too long. It sometimes caused him to be in a bad mood. Because of this, Fei Qianchi stuck to Baicheng's side almost all the time now.

Fei Qianchi could feel himself calming, the slight ache in his head disappearing as Baicheng placed his hand over his head. "I'm fine, I just haven't been feeling well. With you here, I feel much better." Fei Qianchi mustered a smile as he looked at Baicheng.

With this, Baicheng's lips slowly lifted. "Let's go into your room. I'll pass you some energy and see what's wrong with you. Lately, you've been pale."

Fei Qianchi didn't fight as Baicheng said this. He grasped out, holding onto Baicheng's hand. The man simply let Fei Qianchi hold him as they walked back to Fei Qianchi's bedroom chamber.

Fei Qianchi was feeling better. This morning, Fei Qianchi had visited Zhu Longwang for a short while. After that, he had been feeling groggy and tired, but as soon as Baicheng arrived, he began to feel better.