1.8

Bai Mengxiang looked up, his eyelash fluttering slowly, and with his gentle smile, he stared towards Xu Yongheng.

Xu Yongheng was dressed in his royal, yellow robes, on his head, a beautiful crown filled with jade and gold pieces was worn.

"Yongheng, are you already done?" Bai Mengxiang asked, his voice soft.

Xu Yongheng couldn't help but chuckle, moving towards Bai Mengxiang and holding his hand in his own. He breathed out, and with one hand, tucked a strand of Bai Mengxiang's hair to the side.

"I have just gotten ready. Are you ready to go yet?" Xu Yongheng answered before swiftly asking the same question to Bai Mengxiang.

"I am," Bai Mengxiang replied, feeling himself getting pulled with one hand gently to a warm embrace.

"You look beautiful, even more beautiful than you usually are. Even then, you are still the most beautiful person in the world."

With those words, a tint of pink appeared on Bai Mengxiang's cheek.

"You're teasing me again," Bai Mengxiang spoke out.

"How can I? I am merely telling the truth." Xu Yongheng said those words without any sense of shame. Instead, he had a proud grin on.

"I didn't know that the Emperor could be such a man," Bai Mengxiang brightly smiled, his eyes showing happiness.

"Only for you will I become such a man," Xu Yongheng leaned down and kissed Bai Mengxiang's cheek.

"Stop it now, we still have to go to the Royal Banquet." Bai Mengxiang said as Xu Yongheng pulled away from him.

"Well, then let's go," Xu Yongheng held Bai Mengxiang's hand as they walked out of the door.

Bai Mengxiang took slow steps, one hand was held by Xu Yongheng, and the other hand rested on his stomach. He took in a deep breath filled with the smell of fresh flowers. He could feel the stares he was given as they walked out of his palace, but Xu Yongheng merely told him not to worry.

They stopped as they were in front of the huge doors that would lead to the banquet being held. The eunuch announced their arrival.

"The Emperor and Imperial Noble Consort has arrive."

As Bai Mengxiang walked inside, he heard the chattering in the room quiet down. He felt more eyes stare at him, or more specifically, his stomach. The same procedure went on. The people bowed towards him and Xu Yongheng as they walked towards the throne.

Just as Bai Mengxiang was going to walk towards his seat, Xu Yongheng pulled him as they walked the steps up towards the throne.

"Long live Her Majesties, the Empress Dowager and Empress, may you live for ten thousand years." Just as Bai Mengxiang was about to bow, he was jerked back up. His head turned to looked towards Xu Yongheng.

"Mengxiang, my child," The Empress Dowager exclaimed, eyes wide as she stared at Bai Mengxiang's stomach.

"Congratulations, Imperial Noble Consort Bai." Mei Lin spoke up from her seat. She truly didn't care about who in the harem got pregnant. Her only job was to control the harem and make sure everything stays peaceful.

But someone else wasn't feeling like that, make that two people. Ye Zhuang and Shilian cursed under their breaths, eyes with hatred as they stared at Bai Mengxiang. They were already trying to think of a way to get rid of him.

"How long has it been?" The Empress Dowager asked, pulling Bai Mengxiang towards her to sit on a chair by her side.

Instead of Bai Mengxiang, Xu Yongheng spoke instead.