167

A mass of noise surrounded Fei Qianchi. The man was dressed in a white robe, his figure a bit cold. There was no longer a smile that lingered on his face. His gentleness seemed to have fade. The man had changed.

By his side, Zhu Longwang sat, his face much colder. Sitting side by side, it was easy to see that their appearances stood out from everyone.

Today, they had arrived at the prefecture. Fei Qianchi didn't learn about what it was until they arrived. There was a meeting about the demonic cultivators. Fei Qianchi hadn't known about this before. Although Zhu Longwang told him some information about this, he didn't know much about this topic.

As they sat around the table, there were many figures sent from the other sects.

Fei Qianchi didn't know any of them and he didn't care to interact with them. He merely listened. Fei Qianchi would be required as a younger immortal among these people but his cultivation easily matched everyone else's.

"The wave of demonic cultivators have spread. With the Lord of all Demonic Cultivators movement, it will easily result in the deaths of many. That man has lived for thousands of years now. His cultivation easily surpasses all of us. There have been many heroes who sacrificed their lives just to seal this demon. Now that he has awoken once more, no one knows what will happen." A voice rung out from a man beginning to age. His hair was gray, along with a beard of white.

"The Lord of all Demonic Cultivators is too powerful. Many of our most powerful cultivators died just to seal him, yet he didn't even stay sealed for a thousands years and has already awoken. Many of the most powerful cultivators from that generation died in exchange for sealing him. In our current generation, there are few who can seal him." From the other side of the table, a woman began speaking. Her eyes were held in a harsh glare, her hair also beginning to whiten.

"Even if we do that, we are not sure about his location. Keep in mind, he is a cultivator who has lived far longer than anyone else." There was a sigh coming from further upon the table.

Fei Qianchi looked up, staring at Su Fuwen. The man's red eyes were held with a serious gaze, his normal light smile was a bit colder.

Fei Qianchi didn't like the man. Something about him felt strange. It was this inner feeling, but Fei Qianchi didn't quite understand himself.

"Don't listen to them. They are fooling you."

Fei Qianchi was a bit startled by this voice, but he recognized the smooth and sly voice. He was used to it now.

Fei Qianchi didn't speak out loud, merely thinking in his head.

'Why do you say so?'

"Because these righteous cultivators have done their fair share of committing atrocities. I once ruled the world, I know better than anyone. These righteous cultivators merely speak of justice but will easily turn their back on you."

Hearing this, Fei Qianchi felt a small thud within him. He didn't know why, but it was as if he felt the emotions from the man's words. It reminded him of Baicheng. The man also said that he was betrayed.

'What happened to you?'

"That is a story for another time. For now, I am merely here to help you. Don't trust any of these people, not even Zhu Longwang. Those smiles hold daggers within them, those eyes hold hidden schemes. The enemy is always closer than you think."

Fei Qianchi could visualize the man's angry smile. His emotions were raw.

'But, why can't I trust Zhu Longwang?'

The man had continuously told Fei Qianchi to not trust Zhu Longwang. Fei Qianchi didn't understand. Zhu Longwang was a good friend of his, a close friend. Although their relationship was now a bit strained, Fei Qianchi still confided with the man.