3.7

Victor stood tall and straight, his eyes peering at the men in front of him. His gaze was strong and powerful, his expression sharpening. Then, clapping his hands together, he gently smiled.

"Okay, men, I need one of you to step up." Victor said, as he watched carefully for the soldiers reaction.

Raven stood within the crowd, not budging as he kept an eye on Victor, his gaze unfathomable. Suddenly, turning to look at Mark, his eyes seemingly dimmed.

Mark heard Victor's words and immediately knew what he was going to do. He wasn't going to intervene, he just had to watch to make sure that nobody tried something fishy against Victor or tried to disrespect him.

No one dared to step up, merely looking at each other as if they were telling someone to step up instead of themself. Their gazes never went to look at Victor nor Mark. Finally, a tall alpha stepped up, walking towards Victor.

"What's your name?" Victor asked as he examined the man in front of him, his eyes doing a quick scan whilst looking at Mark's reaction.

"My name is Nix, General." Nix was a bit taller than the average alpha man, his eyes brown, and his hair a pitch darkness. There seemed to be a bit of Asian blood within him. His features weren't delicate, but they also weren't as rough as you would expect. His physique looked thinner than what would be expected from a soldier, but it wasn't totally thin.

"Hmm...your physique seems like it needs to bulked up. Actually, most of you do. Although, I do trust that you are much stronger than how you look, judging that you do have one of the best generals as your instructor and that you all are some of the military's best soldier." Victor turned to look at Nix first before looking at the thirty-or-so people in front of him. "First of all, the rest of you, I want you all to start doing some warm-ups. From now on, every time I am to instruct you, I want you to run three laps around the base, and you must also do one hundred pushups, pull-ups, and a five minute plank. You may get started."

Although there were some groans, the rest of the men turned to begun their task, some already used to this. Raven could only take a final glance at Victor before also following the crowd.

With Mark, Victor, and Nix in the room alone, it seemed awfully quiet.

Turning to look at Nix, Victor cocked a brow before saying, "I need you to fight me."

"Fight against you?" Nix's mouth slightly opened, surprise within his eyes as if he was never expecting that sentence to come out of Victor's mouth.

Victor merely nodded his head, saying, "Come at me the hardest that you can. A little rule, you are not allowed to use any weapon. Here, take this and tie it on your wrist." Victor handed a small piece of cloth to Nix, who accepted it with a blank look and tied it around his wrist. Victor also tied one on his wrist too.

"We'll play a little game here. This piece of cloth on our wrist are our life, if it gets stolen away, you are dead. Your goal is to take away your opponent's cloth, meaning you must take away the piece of cloth on my wrist. But, if you are unable to take away my cloth and I take off yours before you can do so, I want you to find another soldier and challenge them to a match. Doing so, you also have to explain the rules yourself to them. If you take away their cloth, then the next person will have to do the same thing as you did. This game is never ending, meaning that you can be challenged and also die at any time." Victor quickly explained the game and turned to look at Mark to make sure he was listening.

When Mark saw Victor turn to him, he unconsciously nodded his head away. Trying to hide his embarrassment, he pretended to look at something else.

"Are you ready?" Victor asked as he saw Nix start to get into position.