Final Extra: Conclusion and New Beginning

How many lifetimes could be mended together? The matters of a past life unresolved continues on to the next life.

For Su Lianghe, even time seemed to no longer matter. After all, to meet a man you once loved and a man who became your ex-lover's new flame, and then a man who sacrificed his world for you, all of it seemed to weigh heavy.

He was tired. But because of a problem unresolved, the matters of a past lifetime tied him to this place.

Even after tens of thousands of years, his soul was branded by a man who turned love into hatred. After tens of thousands of years, he finally met the new form of the man he once loved. After tens of thousands of years, he met the new form of his ex-lover's significant other.

To say he wasn't tired, it would be a lie. Even after countless betrayals, even after countless lies, he couldn't hate the man who left him behind. He couldn't forget the man who saved another man before his eyes. He couldn't forget his anger when he remembered the tortures he faced before he was saved by a man he rejected.

In the end, this lifetime was different yet the same.

"What are you thinking about?" Ran Mengyu hovered over the man who lied down in bed. His yellow eyes looked down, a hint of darkness spotted from within his eyes. His red lips curved, his strong and built figure suddenly reached out to clasp Su Lianghe's wrist. "I hope you aren't thinking about him. Even in the last life, he left you and married Zhu Longwang. This life isn't different. Only that now, I have you tied to me."

Su Lianghe turned with his wrist being clasped. His gray eyes were empty. As the blanket fell off his body, it revealed the countless red marks buried onto his skin and nape, running down to his lower body. Traveling further down, his lower body was in a mess.

"This was never supposed to happen." Su Lianghe sighed as he whispered. In the end, everyone was tangled in pain. The past life should be over, yet it seemed like everyone couldn't resolve their past.

"He doesn't even remember you after he broke off your engagement. Back then, he loved you more than the world, but as soon as he met someone else, he broke away from you. Your whole sect preyed on you. I was willing to give you everything, I was willing to destroy this world for you, but you couldn't forget a man who betrayed you. They've all reincarnated, thus, they will never remember the past life. But we do." Ran Mengyu smiled as he leaned down, grabbing a piece of Su Lianghe's long hair and kissing it gently. Even so, his eyes remained vicious.

Su Lianghe looked down. After so many centuries, he was used to this. The man had found him, saving him from that trapped mountain, yet also chaining him. Now, he was used to this bloody game, used to his role as both a puppet and toy.

"I'm tired." Su Lianghe slowly whispered. His gray eyes remained empty and lifeless, no emotions were spotted.

Ran Mengyu smiled softly at this. His face looked gentle, a peerless face both handsome and attracting. Yet his eyes were dark and gloomy. Upon looking closer, there was a wisp of dark energy radiating from his body.

"Is that so? Alright, sleep for a bit more." As Ran Mengyu stood up, Su Lianghe's body shifted. "I'll clean you up first." Without caring of the man's reaction, he carried the slender man into his arms.

Su Lianghe stayed frozen, not moving. As Ran Mengyu carried him, his heart only felt cold and frozen.

What went wrong? Everything. He was a puppet now, tied to this spell. He couldn't do anything. What a laughable fate.

He was once admired. He was once praised by everyone. Yet fate was cruel and heaven wasn't kind. As he wasn't a legitimate son of the Su Family, his core was sought after by another man. At that time, his lover had abandoned him. Left without the support of that man, he was schemed against. His core was taken away, and he was sealed to a mountain.