177

What was this? Fei Qianchi didn't know anymore. Time and time again, he continued to lose everyone. As he knelt down, he was speechless. Was he really gone? Was that man now dead?

"Why? What did he do to you?! Why would you kill him?" Fei Qianchi's voice cracked, breaking in uneven tones. He forced his head to look up, glaring into Baicheng's eyes.

No. He wasn't just Baicheng. He was Su Baicheng, son of Su Fuchen and Bai Suyu.

Su Baicheng cocked his brow. With Fei Qianchi's questions, he stood in silence, not replying. A flickering emotion ran past his eyes. "Because of betrayal. He was the reason why I was killed."

Killed? Fei Qianchi quieted down. Su Baicheng has a husband, a man who betrayed and nearly killed him. What did the man mean?

"What do you mean?"

Su Baicheng smirked, "Lord of Suzhou, such a majestic title that man is now known by. To get it, what did he do? He betrayed me." His eyes flashed, "He killed me, stabbed me in the heart and even pushed me off of that cliff. All for his brother, that man fooled and lied to me! He played me as a fool, tricking me and leading me by the nose. That man played with my emotions, he led everyone to kill me! I deserve the right to get revenge for my parents. Sect Leader Su, the man who killed my parents, Fushui Sect, who chased and killed my mother and father all for this position, Zhu Luishui, who had killed me."

Su Baicyeng's voice gradually rose, anger lighting in his eyes.

Even as he wanted to get mad, Fei Qianchi could see the man breaking down before him. He knew. He knew bits and bits of this story. Yet, to hear the man say it, he could clearly feel the raw emotions.

"But why Longwang? He didn't do anything! It wasn't his fault that his brother betrayed you! It wasn't his fault that he never knew the truth." Fei Qianchi fought back. He didn't understand why Zhu Longwang was involved, the man never knew. It wasn't his fault.

Su Baicheng's lips trembled, "Zhu Luishui wanted to protect him. That was why he was willing to kill me. As a befitting revenge, it only serves that I kill the man he wanted to protect." His red eyes flickered, his pale face shining with a devious light.

"How many lives did you involve? All for revenge, how many innocent lives were involved in your plan?! If you wanted revenge, you should target only those who have harmed you and your parents. You should have gone after Zhu Luishui, not Zhu Longwang! The man didn't even know. He wasn't even aware of what his brother had done to you, Why would you kill him? Simply because Zhu Luishui wanted to protect him?" Fei Qianchi wasn't scared of death. He could only think of Zhu Longwang and suffer from that pain. Why? The man had done nothing wrong. Why was he entangled in this mess?

Revenge? Perhaps Su Baicheng had a point, but it did not justify the innocent lives that were involved. It would never justify those lives lost, the people who were pulled into this revenge.

"He was the reason why I was killed! Zhu Luishui chose that man over me, even after our vows! Even after we were a wedded couple, he still tossed everything away and chose to kill me. If Zhu Luishui didn't betray me, I also wouldn't have killed Zhu Longwang." Su Baicheng glowered as he sneered, looking down at Fei Qianchi.

Just because of this, Zhu Longwang lost his life. Fei Qianchi felt bubbling pain rise within him. Yet, Fei Qianchi couldn't even blame Su Baicheng. The man had lost his parents to a greedy and selfish sect, to people who chased and killed them. The man had been betrayed by his husband, a man who he loved and trusted. In the end, he chose to retaliate against the world.

But even so, the loss of Zhu Longwang tore his heart.

"Nonetheless, I believe it is time to tell you the truth." Su Baicheng interrupted, speaking up.