1.18.5

(AN: Don't play the music yet.)

[Host, why didn't you choose to stay with him?]

System couldn't understand why his host would leave so soon after completing his mission. After all, System thought that his host would've been swayed by the love the male lead showed.

(Even if I stay, what's the point? It's not like the person he loved is truly me, the one he fell in love with was Bai Mengxiang, not Fei Qianchi. Plus, it's not like I loved him anyways, it would be better to just leave now when Wuhui doesn't know who I am, that way, he won't be hurt when I fake my death after he gets old enough to remember me.)

Fei Qianchi wasn't swayed by the love Xu Yongheng had showed, no, not even one bit. In fact, Fei Qianchi had purposely died as a way to punish Xu Yongheng for what he had done to Bai Mengxiang. Xu Yongheng had caused Bai Mengxiang to suffer until his death, losing his love and even losing his baby due to Shilian's scheming. A scum like Xu Yongheng needed to suffer for his actions. For Bai Mengxiang to fall in love with such a man was already something Fei Qianchi was surprised about.

No matter how real Xu Yongheng's love was, if it weren't for Fei Qianchi, he would've betrayed Bai Mengxiang once more and cause him to suffer again. To let Xu Yongheng suffer for a lifetime, though the punishment seemed a bit brutal, Fei Qianchi thought that it was definitely appropriate.

Xu Yongheng betrayed his childhood love and instead, fell in love with a black-hearted man. He went against every promise he had made to Bai Mengxiang and tossed away the person who truly loved him as if he was worthless. To make matters worse, he didn't even try to help Bai Mengxiang when he had lost his child, the only hope Bai Mengxiang had left after Xu Yongheng had tossed him aside, and protected Shilian.

Sure, Bai Mengxiang did cause Shilian to lose his child too, but it was only because Shilian had done so first. After all, from the chain of events that had happened to Bai Mengxiang, it wasn't wrong to say that he went mad after everything that had happened.

But Xu Yongheng was still ruthless and sentenced Bai Mengxiang to death, not even thinking about their past relationship. In the end, Bai Mengxiang died, and he died by killing himself in front of the man he loved and the person who had caused everything. Even when he died, he was still hurting, yet he never tried to explain himself. For someone like Xu Yongheng, Bai Mengxiang had lost everything in his life.

So as a way to cause Xu Yongheng to go through endless pain, Fei Qianchi chose not to heal himself and instead died. Like this, Xu Yongheng would suffer in pain silently.

But, Fei Qianchi also would admit that a big part of why he chose to take these actions was because he was not going to spend a lifetime with someone he couldn't love. Then again, that was also wrong too since he couldn't love anyone.

(Someone like Xu Yongheng, it isn't wrong to say that he is a scum. The fact that he had betrayed Bai Mengxiang is enough to prove that his heart is fickle, especially since Shilian was able to seduce him so easily. I can't believe that Shilian and Xu Yongheng were the main character and male lead in this world. Someone like Bai Mengxiang, if he had loved someone else, he would've been given the whole world.)

[Host, you say that but didn't your heart also flutter?]

(True, but I feel like a big part of that was because of Bai Mengxiang's feelings, plus, acting as Bai Mengxiang, I truly had to take in his character and his feelings. System, you should know that I don't what the meaning of loving is. Didn't you go through the memories of my life?)

To Fei Qianchi's questions, System didn't say anything. He couldn't say anything, because it was true that he had gone through Fei Qianchi's memories, and System understood why he spoke words like this. Fei Qianchi knew himself better than anyone, and even System understood why Fei Qianchi would say that he couldn't love. That was what Fei Qianchi had told System earlier on. That Fei Qianchi didn't know what it meant to love.