175

Who knew how many days had passed?

Fei Qianchi lived each passing day as if he were already dead. Sometime he sat, sometimes he lied on the ground. Often times, he just wanted to throw himself into the Corroding Water.

With each passing day, Fei Qianchi forced himself to continue living. It was a way to repent for his sins, he had to continue living while he slowly died inside.

No one visited him anymore. Occasionally, Fei Qianchi could hear the earth trembling and rumbling, perhaps it was from the new war that broke out with Su Fuchen's son's return.

Fei Qianchi only wanted to see Zhu Longwang again. He couldn't forget the man's devastating expression, he couldn't forget the way his eyes burnt out, looking back at him with purple eyes.

In the desolate place, Fei Qianchi had time to think about the course of his life. It truly felt like he was a puppet at Fate's will.

At the moment, Fei Qianchi's robe was dirty with dried blood on it. He touched his storage ring, fumbling with the jade spiritual ring. As he sat up, he looked at the blue water. Death always seemed easier than living. In reality, it was easier to die than live while facing the aftermath of your actions.

Fei Qianchi crossed his legs, closing his eyes. As he could not use his Qi, he couldn't do anything. He merely lived everyday, bypassing it by closing his eyes, trapped within his thoughts, unable to escape.

At that moment, the soft sound of footsteps were heard once more.

Fei Qianchi opened his eyes, blue eyes looking forward, listening to the soft steps. A light smile came to his lips. These steps, he easily recognized who it was. How could he not? This person has been by his side for two centuries now. In the end, it was him who pushed the man away.

Fei Qianchi waited patiently, his smile slowly disappearing.

Appearing before him, the man was as beautiful as before. His purple eyes were striking, his thin lips were straightened and taunt. The man's skin was pale, a faint scar marred his skin. His eyes were penetrating, his cold features couldn't hide the hidden sorrow that leaked from his body. He was dressed in a white robe, his black hair held up by a bright crimson hairpin. With Sanfeng upon his back, the man stopped, looking at Fei Qianchi.

"How have you been?" His cold voice trembled. For what reason, even he didn't know why.

Fei Qianchi looked at Zhu Longwang, the man was the same as before. He was the only one left now. Everyone else was gone because of him.

"I've been alright. And you?" Fei Qianchi didn't ignore the man. He looked up, lifting his lips slightly with a small smile. In that instant, he restored to the man he once was before the madness got to him.

Seeing this, Zhu Longwang's eyes flickered, lips trembling as he looked at Fei Qianchi's dire image. The man looked like he had thinned down in these few days.

"I... I've been busy." Zhu Longwang bit back his emotions, slowly answering in reply. His slender fingers touched the barrier, as if he could touch Fei Qianchi through the barrier that was set up.

"I know." Fei Qianchi slowly mumbled out, nodding his head. His smile was soon wiped away, his eyes dimming.

Zhu Longwang opened his mouth, closing it as he stumbled to find the right words. Finally, clenching his hands, he whispered, "I will get you out. I promise. That wasn't you, Qianchi. That was someone else controlling you. It wasn't you who killed them, you were merely a pawn."