Chapter 53

(NAYEON'S P.O.V)

Why at this time? It even make me more gloomy that I already was.

"M-mom, what hospital are you in?" I stammered out, wiping the tears that fell out.

"The one you are currently working, darling" Her voice are broking, I know that she's crying. I'm sad as she is. No reason to deny it.

My heart is fucking broken right now.

Because of my love life and because of my dad's condition.

"I'll go there as soon as possible, mom. Hold on for awhile, okay? Don't stress yourself too much and just wait there with Seo-yeon" It was the last things I said before the call ended. My hands went to my face, holding it tightly as I rubbed it in frustration.

After calming my breathing down, I stood up to fix myself. I'm a mess. I didn't get enough sleep because I can't stop from crying and crying. That's what I did all night and got just a short nap when I heard my phone ringing unstoppable.

I thought it was Y/n so I decided to not check it but no, it was my mother which made me immediately answer it because it could be important especially that she would not call me this early.

My father is in hospital, he was sent because he shows the symptoms that my mom suspects as a stroke. If it is a ischemic stroke, then that could be more dangerous if he was not sent on the hospital in between of the four hours and thirty minutes from the start because it could have more risk to have a serious brain damage or injury. It could also results to hemorrhagic stroke, another type of stroke, that can lead to brain ruptures.

I locked the door of my apartment and immediately went down to get some ride to the hospital. I could use my bicycle but it was just for me to use if I'm not in a hurry. I looked so lifeless, I didn't even have the time to get a food. But it's okay, I don't have any appetite to eat.

I rested my head at the window, looking at the outside that was very full of life. The people are walking peacefully, the kids I saw are playing with either their family or friends. I wish that life could be always that happy and peaceful.

I paid for the fee before running inside the hospital, I also have a shift for today so I was already wearing my uniform. I checked in and searched for the emergency room where they can be.

I slowed down when I saw my mother and sister side hugging. They're sitting at the metal seats that was provided and placed outside the emergency so if they need to wait, they can have a place to stay.

When I reached to them, standing in front, they lifted their heads up to look up. Their eyes are full of tears, I bent down and joined at their group hug. I need a warm hug from what happened today.

"Shh... dad will be okay. He'll be okay" I said wrapping my arms around the two of them. "Did they start getting tests for him?"

"Yes, the doctor said that they will start doing tests on his blood and a CT scan" I hummed at what my mother said and rubbed their backs to sooth them. "Do you two already eat breakfast? I don't want that you two will also get sick for not eating"

Seo-Yeon shook her head in disapproval so I pulled away and help them to stand up "Come on, let's go at the cafeteria. You two eat first, you can go back here after. I'll watch him, I'll just take you two at the canteen"

My mother was hesitant with my decision but also agreed afterwards, she lazily stand up from her seat with my and my sister's help. I'm glad that she stopped from tearing up anymore.

I walked with them beside me, guiding them towards the eatery. I'm already the one who volunteered to buy the foods and make them sit in one vacant table. I bought a sandwich for myself while them are the foods they asked for me. I don't want to get scolded by mom by not eating, you know how caring the parents are.

I took bites on my sandwich fast to finish it as fast as I can. Of course, I would not choke myself to death. Even I do have problems nowadays, I don't want to die early. I still have so many things to achieve on.

"I'll go first" I said, standing up from seat while drinking the water gulp to gulp. I'll just take a coffee later. 

"Okay, darling" My mom said and patted my lower back which made a small smile to creep up in my lips. I nodded my head before jogging off to the emergency room to take a look of my father.

Some of my workmates greeted me when I went in which I gladly reciprocated as I don't want to act rude around them. They didn't do anything to wrong for me to bail my anger inside me and my bad mood to them. A work is a work, don't involve your feelings at it.

I checked each bed space and I reached the last one and noticed that they will transfer my father in another bed to roll on. "Umm, what are you doing?"

I asked, catching their attentions also who's my father that was wide awake. He smiled but it's not the one that I usually see. The other side of his face are drooping, it's the effect of the stroke.

"We were ordered to transfer him in one hospital room" The girl on the other side said so I scooted closer to them.

"I'll already help you two" I stated and positioned myself, holding my father's legs. The boy hand's were on my father's head and upper back while the girl was holding on the lower back. We slowly lifted him up in unison and walked backwards until his body were already on top of the new bed. We gently settled him down there.

They arranged the things like the oxygen and wires after carrying him. The boy was the only one who pushed the bed with me in the side, following them. We went to upper floors with the use of the elevator.

We put him inside of more convenient room, arranging the things around. He checked around first to make sure before going out, leaving me inside here. Of course, I didn't forget to thank him for doing this even we're just both alike, it's out both duty to help a person who's having a difficulty or sick.

"S-s-s-sor-r-ry" I heard his voice, quavering. It turned out to be slurred out words, he can't speak properly in this situation. It saddens me to see him in this state. He's my father, he did a big thing for me, I can't just afford to lost another one special person from me.

"No, dad. Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. It's normal to have a sick especially that you're getting old, we can't avoid these things. But please fight for us, fight for yourself. Okay?" I uttered, giving him a small yet assuring smile to lessen the guilt building inside of him. You will really feel guilty because you'll think that you are a burden. Instead doing things for themselves, all the attention will go to you and they'll always worry for you.

"Just rest there. The tests are on going, we'll get the results soon. I'll make sure that you'll get a treatment" I suggested, holding his hands. I know that he can't feel it or reciprocate because it's paralyzed. "We are all here for you. Don't worry, don't be afraid. It's okay to be afraid, even a real men like you can get a fear to something"

I watched him close his eyes while his lips are trying to form a smile but it's not just that in a good state. I sighed and withdrew my hand from my father's when I felt my phone vibrate that was on the pocket.

Maybe it's my mother or maybe my sister. I fished it out to see a many messages from Y/n which can only make me sigh as my heart was clenching at sight of her name in my phone. She said that she wants to have a talk to me, she wants even a single chance to get to meet with me. I don't know if I can face you this moments.

I'll just burst in tears if I get to be with you. My heart is still aching from what happened, the wound was still raw to touch again. I just turned my phone off, ignoring the messages and not bothering to send any replies. 

I still have a thing to more worry about. It's not you, it's not just always you. I have a father suffering in an illness.