Chapter 79

You were on your way to your workplace, which is the hospital that you are attending the same with Nayeon. You hopped out of your own vehicle after parking it in proper way in the spot, aligned and inside the designated yellow lines that is has on its side. As usual, you'll have to greet the girl, that you once loved, in the counter. 

The steel doors of elevator have just opened, you stepped out and seeing her in her accustomed place, a smile automatically showed up on your face.

And the way how your last meet went on keeps on replaying inside your head like a broken tape of film doesn't stop your mood to be any more brighter. It's fresh in your memories, surely it will still give you the same chills that you have had that night.

When you've reached a place closer to her spot and once she have felt your presence, diverting all of her attention to you, certainly have sent you all butterflies flying in your stomach again.

The case with her was no any different from you. Especially knowing that she may still have these same feelings for you in these past years.

Sides of your lips even went higher, excitement rushing through your blood. "Hi, Nayeon"

A simple and usual greeting. 

"Hello, yes?" A chuckle escaped your mouth at the way she has replied to you. You shook your head and tries to lessen the dense tension. Nayeon felt awkward with you after what she have done, way back at your car the last friday.

"Good morning to you. How's the test?" Since you still have enough time to engage a conversation between you two before your shift starts and prepare anything you need, you've asked a question on what kind of outcome she had in the test that she took 2 days ago.

"It went all good and right. Like I had told you before, I'll make it" Nayeon proudly stated, her bunny teeth showing up. You nodded your head as you were also happy that you had part on how she achieved that part.

"I guess I was a great teacher to you" You exclaimed, earning a slight disapproval look from her. She pushed a pen and a list to your way.

"Not really, oh but well yeah, because of you I've learned how to manage a car to move" She admitted. You chortled, not believing that she just actually admitted that you've been a great help to her. "Let's celebrate next time, once the loads on our work got lessen"

"Am I invited?" A stupid question left out your lips. Nayeon's eyebrow lifted up by amusement and sent you a sarcastic reply. "Don't you want to? What do you even think, should I or not invite you? Of course you are, stupid"

"Yes, you should because you won't enjoy that celebration without me" 

You two were talking as if you just have owned this little world that you two have made. You wrote down your sign and time through the sheet and released the pen from your hand, placing it down at the desk. 

"And by the way" You trailed off, smiling cheek to cheek. She threw a look of confusion to you, eyebrows narrowing as possible as they can "Leaving someone inside their car like a frozen statue without a proper goodbye is somehow rude, don't you think so? but however, you had managed to leave me a better thing than your words of farewell, I'll let you go with this one because of that and also you look really beautiful today"

You tucked in a slip of her hair behind her left ear. You gave her a full smile before leaving her as the same as she did to you in your car that certain time. 

You two had that conversation without knowing that there was a person standing away from the two of you with a safe distance, witnessing things she didn't expect at all. "Nayeon unnie!"

Nayeon heard the call of her name, snapping out of her trance and turned her head on the direction where she have received the voice from. "Oh Jihyo, what are you doing here?" 

"I was needed to get something and got to take this way but I've seen something unexpectedly. What just happened? between you and Dr. Song?" Jihyo questioned, being suspicious between you and Nayeon especially that she got to see you two in that kind of way. 

"Uh..." Nayeon opened her mouth but not a single proper word came out from it. Nayeon also don't know what could be the answer from what just happened. She was just shook as Jihyo is. She didn't expect you take a move like that. It was no good to her heart at all in this so early in the morning.

"Wow, don't tell me something's going between you and her? I saw it with my own eyes, unnie. You two were like flirting with one another" Jihyo told her own perspective by how she saw it. Her eyebrows raised up by questioning manner and it looks like she was needed to be given an answer.

"It was not a big issue at all, Jihyo-yah. It seems like she had this habit of teasing me and looks like she undeniably enjoys it" Nayeon answered it as fast as she can. She got a hum full of doubt from Jihyo. 

"It seems like it has something more... but okay, whatever you say, unnie. This is needed already I guess..." Jihyo showed the load she was carrying the whole time. "So see you when I see you"

"Yes, Jihyo-yah. Take care" Nayeon exchanged the farewell she got and let out a sigh. Her mind went back on the present events which made her groan. 

She won't figure out what intentions you truly have. What if you're just playing around her? Or what if it means so much more? These what if's added to the load of thoughts she has in her head. These questions would undoubtedly go around her mind throughout the day again.

"That this was surely illegal and huge issue. Don't give me signs that I would take seriously, don't make my hopes up for nothing"