Chapter 78

(NAYEON'S P.O.V)

"Hey, Nayeon! wait!" 

My legs has stopped moving once I heard my name being shouted. Hearing the very familiar voice, really made me halt on my tracks. My plan of turning around cancelled as soon as I felt a hand on my left shoulder and a sound of panting, behind me.

I turned my head to look at my side, seeing Y/n with bead of sweats on her forehead.

"Y/n? What are you doing here? It's nighttime already, and you're usually not here at this kind of time" Questioning her appearance at this time and place. She had gone out of hospital this afternoon, so I'm wondering on why is she here.

"Well, Mina unnie said that she needs a ride to home because her car is not working. I decided to do so as I still have time to. I can bring her home and go to mine but unfortunately, when I got here, she told me that she's on her way home already. She informed me, just now" She has a soft smile on her lips even I can sense that she's little irritated by what just happened.

"And I saw you, I decided to just send you home. Wouldn't it be nice? C'mon" She didn't let me to speak even a single word out as she slipped her fingers in between mine, intertwining our hands.

I got lost in her touch. I didn't budge anymore, I've let her to pull me wherever she is going. My eyes were just in our hands, as my mind is getting drowned with thoughts.

With my mind getting full of thoughts as I stared at our intertwined hands, I kept thinking of possibilities. And I'm wondering if there's still a chance for us to be back again.

A chance to be with her again, together and romantically. I'm getting confused day by day and annoyed as my brain is kept processing these questions and starting imagining myself with her again. I mean, it's not possible, because I can feel her at my side again. Her presence, close to me.

Well, it is if we will agree to forget the past and make a new ones. oh wow, I'm being assuming but I can't help it especially that she has a special part on my heart.

My train of thoughts got ruined as soon as our hands got lost in contact. I frowned a little by it.

"Get inside" Y/n told me, gently. She's holding the door open for me. I nodded my head and hopped inside the car, hearing the door on my side close after.

Y/n got in also and she immediately started the engine so we can move forward. The traffic jam could be a problem for this time as it is night and mostly of the people are going home or in a hangout or a date. 

The ride is just silent, as much as I want to make some noise to break this atmosphere, I can't do so. The minimized sound of radio was the only sound that can be heard in the whole car.

Like what I just thought of, the traffic jam is happening. We were stuck in the middle of the road. The vehicles were not moving for now.

I snapped my neck on her when I got a glimpse of her laughing.

"What?" I beamed at her. She let out a groaning noise and shook her head. 

"It's just my back hurts, and you're quiet. I'm not used at you being quiet" She said which made me snicker.

"Just move a little, just make sure that I can reach your back" I commanded which earned a confused look from Y/n. Her eyebrow lifted by my sudden words.

"Huh?" She muttered. I rolled my eyes by her being a slow thinker again. 

"I'll give you a quick massage, the flow of the ride was still not moving so move faster before the traffic went gone" I gave her the main point.

"Ahhh, okay" She did what I told her earlier. I moved closer, adjusting my position on the seatpositioning my hands on her shoulder. I gave it a squeeze in a gentle manner, starting the massage I offered at her.

Her shoulder eases, moving down a little by the relaxation. My hands moves down on her back, continuing the massage which surely is enjoying for her.

"Woah, you're good at this" She sighed in satisfaction and chuckled. "Your driving test is tomorrow already, right?"

"Uhm yeah, it's tomorrow. I'm sure and certain that I will pass it" I blurted, smug smile is appearing on my face. She scoffed.

"Of course, I taught you so yeah, you will" I chuckled and smacked her on her back which got a little hard. "Ouch! Nayeon, I thought you're giving a massage, not another fuel on my hurting back"

"But Nayeon, I know you will pass that test. There's nothing you can't do. You're beyond great. I believe in you, don't let the nervousness get in you" My heart swelled in her words and unconsciously brought a smile on my lips. 

"You might lose your focus and fail it, I can't teach you again and again!" She joked which earned her a smack from me again. "Just kidding, I'm willing to help you until you succeed. But this time, you will give me something in return already"

"Uhuh, that wouldn't happen anymore. I would take the test tomorrow and only tomorrow" I giggled as I proudly stated those words.

"Whatever you say, Nayeon. Just make sure that those words would be granted and true"

"You can stop now, my back's not hurting that much already. Thank you" She said, giving her appreciation on my deed. I moved back, removing my hands away from her in process. She went back on her previous position, leaning her back against the seat. Her eyes shut close, her lips were parted a little and her hands are gripping on the side of the seat. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she opened her eyes back, looking straight at me. 

I quickly averted my gaze away from her, even I know that she already caught me staring at her. I looked away embarrassed but I shrugged it off and just leaned my head at the seat and closed my eyes instead so I won't see any single thing, mostly her.

The ride moves on, with silence the only one that surrounds us once again. I'm watching the scenery outside as the car moves, I feel a little drowsy at the ride but I hadn't fell asleep through the whole ride.

Parking in front of the building where I'm staying, I placed the strap of my bag on my shoulder and arranged my slightly messed up hair. I turned my head to her, catching her looking at me already.

"Y/n, I'll get going" I said which earned me nod and smile from her "Thanks for the ride"

She replied but it confused me "That's it?"

"What do you mean?" I asked as the skin between my brows decreased. She chuckled, her smile got wider.

"Won't you invite me on something next time like dinner or would like to have a date with me?" She blurted which made me scoff in disbelief. I stared at her in amusement and slowly let chuckles. 

"Are you serious?" I asked, staring at her in amazement. She nodded her head as a response. "But I'm not the one who wanted this, you offered me this"

She didn't speak after I said those. I groaned by her actions, I can't leave like this. "Ugh, such a headache"

"I'm sor-" I cut her words off by talking. Her words were unnecessary and there's nothing to be sorry to.

"Come closer" Confusion got written on her face but still, she followed I told her so. Moving her upper body forward to me but she had left enough space between us.

I sighed as the thought on what will I do next could bring so much embarrassment, however this is the only thing I can think right now as a thanks for her good deeds for me, counting the teaching she gave at me.

I smoothly forward my face to her side, kissing her right cheek in process quickly. After it, I slid back on my position to see her stunned. I shook my head and decided to escape this moment as I hopped out in immediate, running inside the building.