Chapter 65

(Y/N'S P.O.V)

I was about to check out already when I saw a man, giving chocolates to... Nayeon? I stood on the side and just let them finish whatsoever they are talking about. Once that the man started walking away from that spot, I made my way there.

"Who's that? Your boyfriend?" I held the pen and write something on the list. 

"Why do you care?" She asked me with a bit of sarcasm on her voice. I lifted my gaze to her, facing my face to her direction.

"Nothing, just curious and asking" I responded, letting the pen down next to the paper.

"No, he's not" She answered my question despite of what she said just a minute ago.

"So you are single?" I questioned which made her to lift an eyebrow.

"Why are you asking me tha- ah nevermind" She shook her head but still she has a frown on her face.

I rested my elbow on the desk, putting my face in my hand in the process as I did that, my face went closer to hers. I noticed that her body stopped from any movements and her breath hitched.

I don't know where did I got my boldness from. 

"Sooo?" I prolonged the word that went out my mouth in a questioning manner.

"N-no, I am not. I'm in a relationship right now" She stammered out and pushed my face.

Wow, didn't know about that.

"Who?" I interrogated. I just want to make sure if she's saying the truth.

"T-that's none of your business. I did answer some of your question which really shouldn't be"

"Then you are lying, miss" I gathered my composition. 

I grinned when she opened her mouth to speak again but immediately faltered when I heard the name she mentioned.

"S-seokjin! Kim Seokjin!" 

I was in shock, that's right I am. Like how? How did they end up together?

"Since when?" I need to go already because I might be late on my shift on my next designated place but she just opened my curiousness more. 

"Year ago" She uttered up. But it didn't broke any pieces from my heart. I'm feeling pity for her.

Does she not know anything?

"Are you sure?" I want to make sure. If she's saying the truth then I should sue Seokjin for doing some trouble. She just nodded her head, answering me without using any words. I put my mouth close to her ears to whisper words that the two of us can only know.

I don't want to make issue, so I need to be careful on my words.

"Then what you are? Are you like the- uhmm mistress?"

I am sure that Seokjin was already married. I did attend on that event or am I just dreaming that time.

She chuckled from what I said, clapping her hands slightly. "What are you saying?"

"He has a husband already, so you are a third party?" 

"Husband?" She mumbled, the skin between her eyebrows creased as the word confusion was obvious on her face. I laughed softly while shaking my head in amusement.

"I attended his and Namjoon's wedding two months ago and I'm sure that it is really Seokjin. Can you stop pretending and just say the truth, nothing's wrong with it"

"I'll go now, ms. Im. Have a nice day" I said, giving her a tight lip smile and turned around to go to the elevator already.

(NAYEON'S P.O.V)

Did I hear it right, didn't I?

Seokjin is married already, a husband? a man? a guy? 

He's gay?

Since when?

And he didn't even invite me on his wedding. 

Oh, he don't have any contact of me. 

I groaned and slammed the paper on the desk in embarrassment. Why did I even told her that I am not single? Even the truth is I am a single potato here. Fucking brain of mine.

If she just maybe didn't brought her face too close to me, I won't panic and will not force myself to spit out the words that are not true. And she even asked me regarding with my love life.

Are we close? Not, right? It's definitely a no, then why the heck in the world would she ask questions like that?

I stared at her figure in front of the elevator, her head is slightly lifted, looking up at the screen who's indicating what floor is the elevator right now. She has her back on me.

How can you act so casually in front of me? when every time you approach me, I will automatically feeling anxious. 

I chewed on my lips and averted my gaze on the desk before someone caught me staring at her. I sighed, feeling my heartbeat calming little by little.

"Boo~" Someone whispered on my ears which made me jump on my spot in surprise.

"S-shit" I looked at the latter who decided to scare me by whispering on my ear.

"What the heck, Joohyun?!" She smiled at me, showing her infamous bunny teeth too. 

"You looked like you just saw a ghost and fix yourself, we have a new pediatrician coming. You know, same with the shift of Dr. Song but today is just a trial that's why she's here on this time and we pleaded her to really go on this time because we had an absentee today, Dr. Kang Seulgi has something to do" Joohyun draped an arm over my shoulders.

"So she'll substitute for Dr. Kang?" 

"Yes, be ready. That's because you got burned by Dr. Song, you'll just stare at nothing" 

"Aish, you heard that thing we talked about? she didn't even said to me that you are there" I complained and rubbed my eyebrows in frustration.

"No, she didn't see me too. I hid, and you don't need to know how" She said and patted my head.

"Uhm excuse me" We turned our heads to the person who spoke. She's gorgeous and tall.

"Yes?" I asked and put on a small smile to make her feel welcomed.

"I'm new here and I'll be the one who'll be the substitute for Ms. Kang" She politely said with her soft looking smile carved on her face.

"You are Dr. Park?" Joohyun asked. Upon hearing that, the woman immediately nodded her head as an answer.

"Yes, I'm Dr. Park, Park Chaeyoung"