Chapter 82

(NO ONE'S P.O.V)

"I didn't think that he will do it, really. I'm underestimating my brother." You explained. It earned a nod from the person you are talking to, completely considering your explanations as nonsense. "Nayeon, are you even listening?"

"No." A short reply from her. She's amused that you keep blabbering things that she won't listen about. Well, there's nothing wrong about it, you're just kept talking craps. "Your explanation doesn't matter.

"Don't worry, I don't mind if you asked your brother to do the invitation than doing it by yourself. I don't mind so you can invite me anytime and I'll appreciate it much if you're the one who's going to do it." 

You were dumbfounded. A soundless chuckle left your mouth as you find it unbelievable. The both of you happened to cross path once again. You thought of going to a convenience store for your breakfast due to the insufficient storage of food in your own place. And it's unfortunate that you got to be with person that you didn't expect at all, right this time.

"Me? Invitation? Excuse me? I had no any plan of asking you out. I also didn't give orders to my brother to do it instead of me. I won't do things such as that. You are good at imagining scenarios" You said it without wasting any minute. 

"Oh wow. You were looking guilty just by now. So defensive." She smiled, cupping her face. Nayeon took the opportunity to tease you more. "Are you too shy to do it, that's why your brother showed up? Oh gosh, Y/n was shy?" 

It's early in the morning and you two were already bickering. It was even in public, luckily the persons who were out are not that many. 

You chuckled, grasping on the sides of the table with your both hand as you forward your face close to hers. Nayeon didn't expect you to do that but then, she stayed still on her position. Giving up easily is not on her dictionary. Awfully, not with you.

"I am actually shy, like very very shy. You know if I would do the invitation, I will ask you right away to come home with me? So yeah, do you want to?" You curved your lips in a smile, reaching for her one hand to put in your shoulder.

Since you took one of her hand, it made the balance to be unequal causing her to be closer to you than before. It, in fact, made her nervous. It goes same with you, your state is no different from what she's experiencing yet you're having fun and liking what's happening.

"And as far as I remember, you said you don't mind if I made an invitation for you. Oh here I am."

As you said those words, the two of you just had staring contest with one another. No one dared to look away, it seems that you two were lost at each other's eyes.

Out of the blue, the ringing of your phone is heard and supposing without that you might have stayed on that position for a moment. Nayeon, snapped out of the trance, pushing you by your shoulder with the hand that stayed there for a while. You were clearly disappointed with what happened however you buried your hand at your pocket to get the phone. Nayeon, minded her own business, as you take the phone call.

"Hello. Chae, what's up?" Nayeon's eyebrows raised when she heard the name, thinking it belongs to her friend.  On the other hand, she's also wondering that you and Chaeyoung are not close enough. The scattered thoughts of her were cut off shortly, hearing another name that you used. 

"Noted. Thank you, Rosie." You said, ending the call. Nayeon immediately remembered someone by the mentioned nickname.

"Park Chaeyoung?" Nayeon questioned right away. Placing the phone back inside the pocket that your jeans have, you nodded your head. "Oh. Why did she call?"