Chapter 70

(Y/N'S P.O.V)

"Hello~" I waved my hand at the little girl who was seated on her father's lap with a wide smile across my face. She's drinking her milk in a bottle. I guess she only have her father on her side. She has a squishy face that I want to pinch it but I can't, that can make her cry.

Her father laughed and held her daughter's hand and used it to wave back a little on me. I giggled when I just saw the baby just looking at us innocently. I pouted slightly when she turned her head on the other side, facing her back on me.

"You're here for vaccine, right?" I asked. Mr. Han nodded his head as a response as he's bouncing his legs a little, babying the little girl. 

"She doesn't have any cold, cough or fever right now?" I interrogated once again.

"No, she doesn't" I smiled in the response, nodding my head and wrote it in her baby book.

"Good. May I check her?" I stood up from my seat and walked over the bed so he can put his daughter there for me to check her. Mr. Han walked here and carefully put Ara on the bed, pulling the bottle out of her mouth in the process.

I approached the girl while putting the eartips of the stethoscope on my ears to check her heartbeat. I put my hand inside her shirt and placed the diaphragm on top of her chest, I started listening and observing her heartbeat if there's any complication.

After that, I moved on her back and placed the diaphragm on top of it again while holding tightly on the bell. I did the same, listening and observing. Once I am contented by it, I retrieved my hand back and moved the stethoscope around my neck. 

"It's stable" I stated and wrote something again on her list where you will put all of your observations from her this day. I reached for the popsicle stick and tear the paper cover apart. 

"Ah~ Baby Ara" I cooed to instruct her, it took time before she opened her mouth voluntarily and showed her tongue on me. I used the stick to look around her mouth with my other hand holding the flashlight. I grinned and moved the stick out of her mouth, I pressed the button that is placed down of the bin to open it and threw the popsicle stick I used inside.

I turned around to look on my table where the equipment are settled. I was about to stick the needle into the dosage I'll be using to vaccine her when I heard her started crying loudly. I looked at the baby's direction to check what happened but she's just sitting peacefully on the bed while bawling her eyes out.

"oh~ shhh, baby Ara, why?" I can't give her the vaccination at that situation, she may throw tantrums and moved recklessly. Her cries continues so her father immediately act by carrying her in her arms as he swayed his body to stop her. But it didn't help at all, she's still letting out cries.

I tried to give her stuff toys or colorful things I have her inside the room but it also didn't work, I even used my flashlight and moved it around so it will catch her attention but she kept letting out a unpleasant sounds from her mouth.

I sighed as I think more of the things I can do to stop her from crying. I heard knocks from the door, my head turned into its direction as Mr. Han was still busy in comforting the crying girl. It opened revealing Nayeon.

She raised the papers in her hands so I nodded my head to give her permission. She made her way to my desk as I averted my head to the girl who suddenly stopped crying. I saw her looking at Nayeon as she started sucking her fist, which is now full of saliva as how long she cried while eating her fist.

"Oh hello~" Nayeon said, approaching the little girl. She ruffled her head as Ara's eyes are looking at her with her innocent and teary eyes. She have her face in color of red from the crying she had. Nayeon smiled, showing her bunny teeth on the little girl. Ara's lips slowly curved upwards while looking at the baby.

Nayeon turned her head at me "I'll excuse myself now" She still has her smile on her face before turning around to go out of the room. The door finally closed, I looked at Ara who has her eyes set on the door where Nayeon just went out.

I thought she finally calmed down, but in one snap, I can her hear slowly crying again as her shoulders are shaking. My mouth went agape as I heard some words out from her mouth.

"Wh-what?" I went closer to her so I can understand her more. It even made worse for me because the sound of her cries went louder when I walked to her but I stayed still just to hear what she's mumbling about.

"b-bun bun" That's the words I heard from her. I scratched my forehead in stress but is she trying to say bun bun?

bun- bun? who's bun-bun?

bun...ny. right, bunny!

"Oh- sir, I'll just go outside, I'll be back" Mr. Han nodded his head as I didn't waste anytime and marched outside to get Nayeon.

"Nayeon-ssi!" She turned her head to me. "Are you busy?"

"Not really" She replied while raising a brow on me.

"Can you accompany the baby inside the room? She seems to like you, she's crying nonstop again. Can you?" I requested. 

"You go, Nayeon. Y/n looks like she really need your help. I can handle here" Joohyun pushed Nayeon out of the back of the desk.

"Sure" Nayeon said. I started walking and she's behind me, following me. I opened the door and I can still hear her cries but it is not that loud, maybe she's starting to feel tired but it's bad for her to continue the crying. 

I let Nayeon to go inside first as I stayed on the side with my back in the contact of the door, giving her a way inside. As she's inside already, I stepped forward and close the door behind me. 

Nayeon approached the little girl again, who started to calm down just by the sight of her.

She really likes Nayeon huh?

"Can I?" Mr. Han slowly gives Ara on Nayeon's arm. Nayeon pouted when the girl continued on staring at her with her doe brown eyes.

Nayeon created random noises that made Ara smile or giggle. I sighed in relief when I witnessed what's happening right now, I glanced at the father and I saw a smile on his face while looking at them as his forehead was full of sweats even the temperature inside the room was a little cold.

I snapped my head back at the two, I saw Ara's small hands that is placed on Nayeon's both cheeks as she slowly played with it. That also brought a smile on my face on how they look cute together.

"Let's do the vaccination now. Nayeon-ssi please stay for a while"

She just nodded her head as a response, she's busy playing with the girl. I made my way to table again to continue my work.