Chapter 67

(NAYEON'S P.O.V)

I'm just sitting on a bench to rest, taking a short break here at the cafeteria. My mind was still stuck thinking about what happened earlier, it's playing like a broken tape inside my head and it is making me crazy.

Why does it have to reach on that? I didn't know that arguing about the value of the word sorry could reach on something like that. Maybe if I didn't push her off the edge then maybe we don't have this misunderstanding.

I don't know when we will get good, when we will be friends, when we will be okay without no issues and worries between us.

I sighed once again, I don't know on how many times did I already do it only on this day because I knew that it is the only thing I did today.

"Mind if I share this seat with you?" I lifted my head up to look at the person. I got confused because I saw that there's still so many vacant seat in the background and she's here asking me to share.

But despite of that question and worry inside my mind, I still nodded my head to accept it.

"I heard from Y/n that she got out of control and did something" She said, opening the lid of her water bottle before taking a sip on it.

She let out a shaky breath and I noticed that her grip on the bottle got tighten than it was.

She smiled at me but it was like a sad and bitter one. She heaved a sigh again and reached for my hand to hold it. I just let her do what she wants as I am getting curious on why she is acting like that.

"You know if there's someone who needs to get the blame from what happened in the past, it should be me. I'm sorry for that reckless action that broke the two of you apart. I know how much you loved each other and should accept that I really has no chance but to give up already. I was drunk, I was out of the right state of mind. I'm sorry if I made you think wrong, that kiss was a mistake. It's my fault that I threw myself over her and the timing was very wrong, it was the same moment that you arrived in front of the doors"

She blurted out and I can feel the she's sincere in her every words. Tzuyu held an eye contact with me as she continued conveying the words she wants me to know.

"I'm telling the truth, I attempted to kiss her that time but it is just me, she didn't do anything. It's my fault and it's mine only, she has nothing to do with it"

"And my only request to you is to forgive her"

"Especially me, I'm here to ask for your forgiveness from what I did to the both of you. I know it's a big mistake that I did and maybe it'll take a time to grant my wish, but still I'll wait for you until you lose all of the hate you have for me and Y/n. Take your time, I know it would not be easy, but yeah, I'm hoping you could"

She squeezed my hand softly as I went speechless by what she told me. It was long, yes and it is the first time I heard her talking that long and with so much emotions. It was always monotone, cold and emotionless but now, I saw a different side of her.

She may have a cold demeanor in the outside but I'm certain that she has a warm and soft heart.

"I'll go now, I still have something to do" She retrieved her hand back and stood on her feet, dusting her coat on the back. "I hope you could have time to think about it and let go all of the worries from now on"

"Thank you for your time, Nayeon-ssi"

With that, she turned her back on me, walking away to make her way out of this place already.

I clicked my tongue in disbelief, I didn't know that so much will happen this day. And it even added to stuffs I am thinking about like ugh. I rubbed both of my cheeks and buried it into my hands, closing my eyes for the moment to give me some time to think and process all what I heard.

If I just took time to really know what truly happened then maybe we wouldn't get at this point, where a so so long time had already passed then this time would be only the time where I could the real answers. If I just really go into conclusions that fast then maybe we are good together.

It's partially my fault and I'm feeling guilty. It's like it was more of my fault than Y/n's. I should apologize for acting like that last time and for keeping secrets.

Y/n's right. Tzuyu saying sorry to me made me feel a lot better. That's how you'll feel, the feeling of relief, accompanied with guilt and sadness and the heaviness of the words lightening up the weight I did have in my chest.

I can say that the sorry is a big word and very meaningful even it is just simple and single word.