Chapter 71

(Y/N'S P.O.V)

"Thank you, really" I put on the widest smile I can have, but it's true, I'm really thankful from the help she gave me. It's hard to handle a kid. I don't even know why did I get this course and decided to get into this field. But it's fun, yeah.

"No problem, it's also my work to assist you as a nurse here" Nayeon said. I sighed and looked down at the counter. Right, she was here so the pediatricians could ask help if they need it.

"Are you free?" I asked in a small voice, I was not that confidence on letting those words out from you. I turned my head up, averting my gaze away from the desk to her. She had her eyebrows furrowed together.

"What? Can you repeat it again?" She interrogated making me groan mentally as the thought of repeating those words again came on my mind. I told you it's not easy, my heartbeat was picking up its pace now in anxiousness.

"I said, are you free?" I blurted the same words again as I gained a little spark of confidence inside me. I'm certain that she got startled by my words.

"Wh-why?" She stammered out. I softly laughed when I saw her got nervous slightly.

"What do you think the reason is?" I retorted the question back to her. She shook her head as a response and pressed her lips tight together. A minute has passed but she still haven't uttered any words to me.

I snorted while shaking my head "Nevermind, since you didn't give me any answer then you can't say no"

She stared at me in anticipation, waiting for me to say anything. "Later, let's have a dinner together. After your shift, go straight to the location that I'll message you"

I saw her that was about to open her mouth to confront me as I noticed that her face has a betrayed look so I immediately spoke up. "And I already told you, you can't say no. We'll have a dinner date later"

"Date?" She mumbled.

"Yes, a date" I remarked in a teasing manner, grinning slightly as I saw an unexplainable look on her face.

[and I just realized that why did I let this Y/n to ask Nayeon the 'are you free?' question when she did not let her answer and make her can't say no but nevermind, atleast they have a date. I'm getting crazier day by day]

I kept my gaze at her but she just stayed still and didn't open her mouth anymore. I pursed my lips in the side and snatched the list on her hands and hurriedly put the things I need to.

"I'll go now. See you later. Don't ditch me, I'll sue you if you would" I said, giving her a warning at the end which is just a joke. I didn't let her answer anymore and walked away, feeling contented from what I just did.

I got inside of the elevator and pressed the ground floor to make my way to the parking lot.

-

"Jennie, someone's looking for you" I called out for the girl in the counter. I'm on my way outside this medical clinic when someone asked if there's Kim Jennie who's working here.

"huh?" I heard from my back. I looked at Jennie then back at the girl in front of me and back at her again.

"Do you know her?" I pointed at the  girl who has a perfectly balanced features. She also has her hair in black, even it does sound plain and simple, it perfectly suits her.

"Ah yes, she's my bestfriend" I averted my gaze back at the girl who's standing in front of me. She gave me a small smile. "Jisoo, what are you doing here?"

"I wanna give you a visit on your work" The pretty girl answered. The Jisoo girl looked at me "Hello"

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Hi. Nice to meet you, Jisoo. I'll make my farewell now, I need to go somewhere" I bid my farewell at the both of them, marching until I reached the parking lot so I could go to the place I asked Nayeon to go.

I decided not to go into something so expensive, it's a pain in the head, and also to my wallet, duh.

I just settled to a ramen house, of course I experienced eating there already and I can say that they have a pretty decent place and delicious servings. Why would I recommend something that's not satisfying?

I pulled up on the side, parking my car properly on that spot. Also, I made sure that it is allowed to leave it here and to my avail, there's no warning signs and there's also some parked beside mine. So I can say I'm safe.

I removed my medical gown, folding it decently before putting it in the back seat. I hopped out of my seat, closing the door after. I did make sure that I do have my wallet and phone with me before getting out of the car. I locked the entire car before making my way inside the restaurant.

I played with my car remote and keys that's on my hand as I wandered my eyes around to look for the certain girl. Once that my eyes caught the figure of the person I'm searching for, I just let my feet move until I reached close to her.

"I'm happy you went here. I know you can't reject and just let me alone here" I let out a comforting sigh, sitting in the chair that was placed across her. She glared at me but instead of getting frightened by it, it just made me smile more.

"I just went here because I know you'll give me free food, I'm too lazy to cook anything in my place" She said back making me place my hand on top of my chest.

"Pain" I spoke up and put a dramatic facial, acting that it really did hurt me. She rolled her eyes and snickered while witnessing me like this. I stopped my stupid actions, letting out few low chuckles.

"But what you said is true, I'm really treating you as a gratitude for earlier. So order as much as you can" I added, carving a smile on my lips.

"Okay, if that's what you want. Why don't you just buy this whole place?" She asked, emitting a disapproval look from me.

"No way. You're being unfair to the owners" and I don't have a big big money to do that.

I can say that we can have the comfort we like, or a little up from others when it comes to financially matters but no way in the world I'll just have money enough to purchase this. I'm sure this is already successful so it does have a great amount if you do have a plan on getting this.

"I thought you'll agree right away but I'm just joking, you're taking all the things I said seriously" She snickered once again. I scrunched my nose, scoffing lightly.

"Just order, bastard"

wow, bastard. I'm the one who'll treat her and she'll call me a bastard. I narrowed my eyes at her but she just smiled at me. That's cute.

And now I can't argue with her already for calling me bastard...