Chapter 57

Boring chapter ahead...

======================

(Y/N'S P.O.V)

It's my first day working here. Yesterday, I only visited here to get a good look and also to study the whole building as I also have nothing to do.

After graduating, I stayed at the Busan for two years to start my career and just decided to get back here again. It's my first experience having clinic hours here in the main city as I spent my first two years at the Busan.

The truth is I also have my other friends with me, they just didn't know that I already went here yesterday. I didn't inform them so how would they know, right?

And I also even didn't expect the most that she's also already here or back again here. I just focused on my studies for the next five years and even that my parents are working here as one of the doctors too, I didn't get a chance to visit them here that often.

I always see and meet them in the house or sometimes when they asked me to have a meal with us four together in one restaurant.

I have sold the apartment I'd have here because I knew that I can't handle it for the past two years. If I want to visit here in Seoul, I went straight to our family's house or maybe one of my friend's places.

I never dated after my first one as I got a little trauma with it and just chose to focus on my school. I even failed one exam after the break-up because I'm too distracted from my world.

The way I act yesterday was not the way I feel inside. I'm nervous and sad at the same time but of course, I'm happy to get a chance to see her after a long time.

I just really planned to get and wander around here with the hospital's director as he is a good and close friend of my father. And after that, I thought of going home to the new penthouse I got.

I managed to get and pay for a penthouse because I began receiving a salary and if there's a chance, my parents would still give me some allowance even I already told them that they don't need to. Of course, it's bigger than the last place I am staying here last time. It's just an apartment, this way bigger than it is.

If I only knew that she and Dahyun are friends then maybe I already declined it as fast as the lightning. I just agreed on it because I don't want to be rude and entertain them. There's also a chance that we can get closer and be good friends.

I don't think that we're still gonna be like that if we are just two alone. It's just a show for her friends so they would not be suspicious about us. I guess it is.

I rolled the sleeves of my long sleeves three times, both sides before I took the white coat that was hung on the swivel chair I have in this room.

I slowly wear it and patted it afterward to straighten it. I fixed the watch I'm wearing and checked the time. My time was about to start.

I waited for a nurse to come here and bring the information I need and the lists of the patient I'll be having for today.

I just decided to take a seat while waiting for it. My hands made their way to get the pen and begin playing with it. I crossed my legs and swayed my chair with my hand wiggling the ballpen I picked up.

A knock interrupted my actions so I shouted a 'come in' so they could get the sign that I give permission already to get in. The click of the knob was heard and the twisting of it so I stopped whatever I am doing and moved my gaze to the latter who just entered my door.

She bowed ninety degrees as she stepped inside. She went back to her standard position and her eyes widen at the sight of me. Did she not check whose doctor that's in here at this time?

I raised a brow at why she still standing there and not moving. I saw that she closed her eyes tightly for a moment before walking toward me. She put the papers she's hugging on my table.

I watched her actions closely as my gaze is stuck on her. Nothing changed on her, she's still pretty as always.

"Good morning doctor, You have already eight patients outside and some who were appointed for check-ups are still not here so there's still a possibility that you'll have more patients for today" She informed and arranged the stack of papers properly. The tension around was very awkward. I can just laugh mentally at how this situation is going on.

"Thank you, Miss Im. Okay, I'll wait for them, just inform me again later" I replied and flashed a small smile to her. She nodded her head before going out immediately.

"Hm..." I mumbled while looking at her figure retrieving. I fixed my position and checked the first patient on the list.

That was a fast interaction. I suddenly missed my co-worker at my last hospital I was working at.She didn't even ask me how my first day is. Good luck on your day, I hope we could get along together.

I get it, I get it. She's still feeling awkward to me as I am. This is handy, your ex is in the same place where you are working. I don't know when we'll be okay, how will we make up?

What should I expect?

But I shouldn't think about this anymore, we are already over many years ago. I shouldn't care about her anymore. I should not.

We are just co-workers now, nothing more. Even so, I just want to have a good term with her, not with something between us that is not really that settled. It's like we still have something tension between even we ended it already a long time ago. It's complicated, I know.

Even I was angry by the fact that she didn't tell me about it when we are still together, I can't have it with me until now. It's been seven years, I have already clear my mind and heart up. Holding on to it and let it more grow will be useless.

It's better to forgive someone and I guess it's not that big deal. I just wish that she did have a good time there and that she got to say it to me.

But if she's still not moving on from that misunderstanding stuff, I don't know what to think about it anymore. If she just let me explain, tell me the reason why she kept telling me no then it's already settled and no issues involved.

After reviewing the info, I stand up from my seat to walk to the door to call my first patient. I twisted the door now and opened it slightly, peeking my head a little.

"Jeon Maru please!" I declared which caught the attention of some who's here and I guess the parents of the Jeon stood up as soon as they heard me call them.

I smiled when I saw them walking in my direction and opened the door fully to give them a way inside.

"Take a seat please"

===================

Sorry for not updating that often... It's just school became more hectic than I imagined.

And another thing, whoever wants to check my new published book, you can just go in my profile. I know most of you, are not following me so you didn't get any notif about it.

It's Nayeon x fem reader.

And after that, if you really checked it, can you tell me how is it?

I just want to know your opinion.