Chapter 85

(Author's P.O.V)

Another day came, Nayeon's still not here. Maybe she'll be taking night shifts consequently for now. Y/n questioned it, but then she hoped that by tomorrow she could see the girl already. But it didn't go as she hoped. 

It's already three days since Nayeon had begun taking night shifts. She didn't bother to ask any of her friends, she would go ask the latter directly. She isn't used with her absence, her day honestly feels empty without having a single of her.

She gave Momo a phone call to ask about her schedule for the day. Momo told that she's having the first shift. Y/n then thought of giving her an invitation and other girls to have a night out. Momo did not reject and helped her to inform the other four girls, checking those who are available.

She also thought of giving her father a visit since she heard that the higher positions will be having meeting. Many don't know that she is related with the director of the hospital, those who were close to them are only the ones who have an idea. 

They really can't show and prove it to the most since their schedules don't match and busy in each other businesses. Her father wasn't that young anymore and probably will have his retirement soon.

Darkness took over the sky, Y/n is having her last consultations with children. She's on the other clinic, she will be finished with her work very soon. After she's finished, she did buy some food to give his father, he's going to have a long night. She had also bought another one, just in case she had the chance to meet the person she haven't seen for days.

She removed her white coat, replacing it with the jacket she has brought. She walked straight to the director's office after confirming that her father is in the room. Y/n knocked ahead and waited to let her in. Her father opened the door and welcomed her inside.

"Hi, dad. Here, you might not have your dinner yet so I brought you some food."

"Thank you, Y/n. Take a seat." He said, gesturing at the couch. Y/n took the seat as her father went back at his chair. "What made you go here at this time?"

"Well to pay you a visit, father. I'm just being a good daughter, you know." Y/n replied. He just laughed, shaking his head.

"I'm not gonna believe that one, little lady. There's another reason, I know you too well. You can't just give me that one." Mr. Song raised a brow. He knows that there's another reason of her daughter's visit. The girl had no choice but to give her other intention.

"I also wanted to see somebody. I'm not sure if I'm really going to see that person, might be busy." She admitted.

"And who's that somebody, huh?" The director questioned, he scanned her expression. "Do you now have a lover?"

"No, it's not like that." Y/n waved his thoughts off, even a little part of her hoped that it's like that.

"What? Then who is it, the person who makes my daughter go here instead of having a rest already at her place, huh? That person should be very special." He pointed his forefinger at her. "You're in love, aren't you?"

"It could be, maybe. I.. honestly don't know. I'm a little confused for now" She answered. Mr. Song hit the table with his hand which made her to flinch.

"How could you not know your own feelings, Y/n?" He shook his head in disappointment, staring worriedly at her. "Maybe you're not just ready to admit it yet. Take your time, my little girl."

Y/n smiled, her father still calls her little even though she's a grown up woman now. She nodded her head in acknowledge.

"Oh yeah, your brother can't stop talking after your short trip with him. He told me and your mother, everything that all of you did." He crossed his arms. "Nayeon."