Me, Him, and the Apocalypse (1)

Questions are probably what you are about to bombard me with. Well zip it shut and listen to the story first. My name isn't important right now, what is important is that I'm a 13 year old stuck in an apocalypse all by myself. Believe me when I say I've been trying to get back to my original time line but there's no hope. Out of frustration I release a loud scream and fall to my knees crying. With each minute that goes by I slowly start admitting defeat. I stand up and dust myself off as I walk. Suddenly I hear someone screaming names very loudly, "BEN! VANYA! DAD! ANYONE?" He searches but there was no reply which causes him to fall down to his knees crying. "Me, I'm here." I shout slowly walking closer making sure not to alert him. He slowly stands up staring at me blankly, "There's no one else. Just us." I whisper out kicking the ground lightly watching dirty come up. I look at the building that was destroyed but I could see the symbol that once was on it. "Umbrella Academy, I heard about them before." I look back at him seeing that he was uninterested with what I had to say. "I'll let everything sink in, I'll be next to the tiny radio flyer if you need me." I smiled faintly walking over and sitting down. I put my foot on the wheel and slowly push the cart back and fourth. "I'm Five Hargreeves." He sits down next to me. I look over at him watching as he finally calmed down and realized the situation. "I'm Dolores." I adjust my position so that I'm facing him. "Where are we exactly?" I laugh a little bit looking around at everything. "More like when are we. Someone or something caused an Armageddon somewhere within 2019." I throw a news paper that I found onto his lap watching as he reads it. "Why aren't you panicking?" I do a big stretch sighing, "I've been here for awhile now, my mental breakdown is done." I smile standing up and kicking a can making it bounce of the building. "Well, I'm just going to go, I don't know fuck off." I point to a building and walk to it hesitantly. I clean off the small cot and laying down on it. I close my eyes until I hear a soft knocking on the concreted wall that stood. "Who is it?" I sarcastically laugh sitting up. Five walks in sitting down next to me, I breathe in deeply as my eyes start feeling warm and my body tingles. "Are you crying?" I shake my head no looking at Five. "Of course not, crying is a form of weakness." I try to speak but my voice cracks. I place my face into my hands. My breathing stutters as I try not to cry. Five hesitantly places his arms around me pulling me closer. He awkwardly holds me as we both softly cry, hoping that this was all just a dream. "We're going to die, aren't we?" I whimper into his chest, he grabs my face so I could look at him. His face was red, his eyes were puffy, and his delicate cheeks were stained from tears and dirt. "No we aren't. We'll figure out how to leave this place. It will take me sometime to figure it all out, but I promise you Dolores. We will make it out alive." Right then as he spoke out, promising, with such easy. As crazy as it sounds, right then was a moment that I knew, I trusted Five Hargreeves with my whole heart.

*FLASH FORWARD*

46 year old Five Hargreeves pulling his favorite red radio flyer filled with all their daily finds. "Today was good. We founds some new books, food, games, clothes, and some other cool things. What do you think?" Five didn't even need to look back to know that Dolores was agreeing with him. Once they got back to their home, he placed all the items on shelves humming a song. He suddenly stops once he looks over at an item, tears filled his eyes. "You know Dolores, you are my best friend and I'm glad to have been stuck in the apocalypse with you." He spoke out with happiness to only be greeted with silence. Five's face had begun flooding with tears as he slowly turned around, no one was there, simply a mannequin. "I wish you were still here." ...

(I'm going live on my Instagram and I'm hella nervous lmao)