Me, Him and The Apocalypse(7)

*Five: TRIGGER WARNING*

He was back in the apocalypse, back in that moment. He looked over and saw her lifeless body, cold just floating there. Her hair was everywhere, she looked peaceful, her body was like a tragic art. He walks into the water grabbing her body and taking her back to shore. He removed the tangled hair out of her face, they were 13 again. He rubbed the cheek of her cold, damp skin, how could he have let this happen. He looked at her, she was calm, peaceful, this was the first time he looked at her, he truly looked at her and noticed all the different things that made her, her and she was beautiful. All the moments flooded his mind like a tsunami. The good, the bad, the angry, the happy, all the different moments. The more moments that came in the more he understood how beautiful she truly was. He closed his eyes trying to wake up, but when he opened his eyes he saw her silhouette. She was dancing, it seemed as if she was floating towards him. He can finally see her face, a smile goes across her face and she laughs. She places her hands upon his shoulders and he places his hands on her waist. He looks down and notices she's in a beautiful dress and he was in a tuxedo. They began dancing around an empty dark room with a spotlight on them. A song plays in the background as they sway. He twirls her, she looks into his eyes cupping his face. She plants a kiss on his lips and then whispers. "Basement. It's time to wake up Five." She kisses his cheek and pushes him. He bolts up in bed screaming "WAIT!!" Tears streamed down his face as his breathing went deep and uncontrollably. He wants to go back to that moment so badly. He spatial jumps into the kitchen getting a cup of water. He replays the words in his head over and over. 'Basement' he came to the sudden realization and began running down the hallways and to the elevator going to the basement. He turned on the light walking closer to the vault. He looked through the glass and saw a figure laying down in the vault on the floor, curled up. They look hungry, thirsty, tired, they look weak and close to death. He softly knocked on the door and the figure sat up weakly, their hair was a mess, they rubbed their eyes and moved towards the door. They leaned their head against the door and placed a hand on the glass. When she lifted her hair out the way, he made eye contact with this mystery person and in that moment when her eyes glimmered, who knew exactly who they were. ...