Me, Him and The Apocalypse (12)

*Dolores*

My breathing gets heavy so I cough. I wasn't expecting her to say that but I'll admit she has some balls, especially knowing that I could ruin her. I stare at the coffee table avoiding eye contact with everyone. "I was the one assigned to Five's case. I was supposed to help Five and Vanya cause an apocalypse but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Then for some reason Five had gotten stuck in the apocalypse, which messed with the timeline. I got into some serious trouble and was thrown into the apocalypse. It's all complicated." Everyone just looks at each other confused. Five just stares, "I don't understand." Vanya says silently, breaking the awkwardness. "Life is made up of moments and each choice you make causes the future you'll live out. Originally the timeline is, Five and Vanya cause an Apocalypse together ending everything. When Five left the dinner table and started time traveling he wasn't supposed to make it to the Apocalyptical time but somehow he did and that's how he and I met. Him and I meeting was an accident. He was never supposed to be stuck in the Apocalypse, he was supposed to cause it." I make motions with my hands hoping they'd understand what I meant. Everyone just stayed silent looking at Five and Vanya. "I was in charge of making sure Vanya and Five became 'villain's' so that it could happen. I was supposed to make friends with Five and then do something to make him angry, like really angry. Which in turn would make Vanya angry and then an Apocalypse BUT I wasn't the only one who caused it. The other Hargreeves and Lila had a play in it too." Five seemed a bit angry, and in a more serious tone.

"So you lied. You already knew who we were the whole time. You were supposed to kill everyone? End the world?" Five asks in a calm but angry tone. I mentally facepalm looking down at the ground. "Yes, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't hurt you or cause an apocalypse. So, they put me in the apocalypse as a punishment. Then you showed up, I swear I didn't know who you were until the moment with the red radio flyer. When you had told me I got scared, then we had a deeper connection, a real romantic connection. I panicked, I mean I didn't want to lose you. I knew if you ever made it back home to when everyone else were still kids you could cause an Apocalypse. I filled the emotions that were once pain and loneliness into love and happiness. I then made sure you'd get back in time just to stop the Apocalypse so we could find each other and I don't fucking know, be happy or fall in love again, or have a fucking dog and get married." As each word escaped my lips I got angrier and began yelling, to the point where I shouted the last sentence. Everyone stared at me with such intensity, I just wanted to disappear again. "So you had a mission to cause an Apocalypse but you didn't because you fell in love with Five?" Vanya asks and I nod looking at Five, "Yes and I knew when we got back you'd find out what I was supposed to do, I thought you would hate me so I tried to stop loving you I built walls around my heart but you had already carved yourself into my veins whether you meant to or not. And sometimes I would wonder if you remembered the way we looked at each other or maybe you'd just forgotten." I take a step towards Five playing with Robin twiddling it in my hands. "So you fell in-love with me by mistake?" he asks calmly with an almost sad tone, I shake my head. "It was an accident but it was no mistake." He smiles walking a bit closer.

"Who gave you the mission?" I looked at him, his eyes were always such a nice deep green colour. Filled with such innocents, and they gave a soft, delicate look. Now, they showed how much hidden trauma was really behind them. I look at a pissed off Lila with a cocky smirk. "The person no one expected to have a secret child. A.J Carmichael." ...

(When Dolores was supposed to cause an apocalypse but fell in-love with Five. Who could judge her? I mean I'd fall in love with him too.)

No, but imagine Five Hargreeves eyes just staring at you with such a deep lovely romantic look. His eyes just sparkle at the thought of you. I can't stop imagining waking up to him by my side every morning.