Sober Heart

He's headed straight for the floor, the alcohol's served it's tour and it's headed straight for my skin. Leaving me daft and dim. Five lays on the floor unconscious because he drank way to much alcohol  for some reason. I've got this shake in my legs, shaking the thoughts from my head but who put these waves in the door. I pour myself a cup of tequila watching Five just lay there in his own self-pity. I throw a pillow at him causing him to bolt straight up and stare me. His cheeks are light red and his eyes were glossy. I walk over helping him stand up, I place him on the couch. I go to walk off but he grabs my wrist pulling me down. He puts his hand on my thigh and I laugh a bit "I don't really give a damn about the way you touch me when we're alone." I whisper mocking what he always tells me while pushing his hand off my thigh. "You can hold my hand, if no ones home." I lean back into the couch holding out my hand, Five slowly puts his hand in mine interlocking our fingers. "You're a pond and I'm an ocean. Oh, all my emotions feel like explosions when you are around and I've found ways to kill the sounds." I let go of his hand standing up because I heard footsteps coming in our directions, "Goodbye Five, I'll speak to you in the morning when you forget all about the way you only love me when we're alone." I walk away going around the corner leaning against it. 

The Hargreeves siblings walk in to the room where Five was sitting at different areas. "Are you drunk?" Diego asks in an almost laughing tone. Five in a slurry state speaks "Just a little bit." everyone starts laughing. They began talking about random things but they seem to be having a good time. The words he says wound me in ways he doesn't imagine, he doesn't like being seen with me but he'll happily be seen with a mannequin. "How do you know if you're in love?" Five quietly asks the others causing them to go completely silent. "Well, you kind of just know." Allison says and Klaus does his little laugh. "It's like a spark that ignites in you, you just know kind of look at the person and go that's the one. You can't imagine life without them." Klaus says in a serious way but trying not to make it seem that way. "Is it bad to be in love?" Five asks with a concerned voice. No body says anything "Not in the slightest, love is a beautiful thing. Never let it go." Klaus says laughing as the others just agree. "Why'd you ask?" Vanya peeps out politely. I hear Five sitting up and clearing his throat so I look over the edge watching him. "I might be in love." he makes a face as if he's surprised he even said it out loud. "Pray tell." Klaus says sitting up straight leaning in ready to hear.

"A girl, a friend of mine. I've had this weird feeling since the day we've met. It was during a mission and we were fighting, she matched my 'vibe' at least that's what she calls it. She can perfectly match my sarcasm, she's the only one who makes me feel alive and not moving through the motions. I can't imagine a life without her, I mean the moment we stopped fighting and looked into each others eyes I felt something inside of me. I can't explain it but I can't imagine life without her and yet I think I'm losing her because I'm to afraid to admit it." he rubs his head as he spoke, he looked confused and almost worried. The Hargreeves smile as he continues talking, "She knows just how I feel and she's always there for me. I mean she even helped stopped the apocalypse with me. I made many mistakes throughout my life and she forgives me, she always finds a deeper meaning in things. She smart, she listens, I just can't explain why I know I love her, I just know but I think I'm losing her." his voice sounds a bit sad and confused. I chuckle a bit because I knew he was talking about me and I was glad because I felt the same way he did.

I walk over towards everyone in the room clearing my throat. Everyone looks at me as I stand next to Five, "You're drunk Five, you are speaking nonsense." Five jumps up starring at me almost like he was embarrassed. He scratched the back of his neck, "A drunk mind speaks a sober heart." Klaus whispers making my heart starts beating like crazy, a gulp loudly confused on what's happening. "Whatever." I whisper secretly trying not to show I was blushing. "Aw, little y/n is blushing." I look down at the ground ignoring eye contact, "Psh whatever, no I'm not." I look away trying not to smile, I make eye contact with Allison who's smiling like crazy. I feel a finger on my cheek slightly pushing my head, Five put his finger on my chin slightly holding it so he can make eye contact with me. "I love you, y/n. When I'm sober, when I'm drunk, all times of the day, all day everyday. I love you." my heart starts beating like crazy, my body feels warm and tingly. "I love you too, Five." the others start making noises, Klaus was clapping and cheering. "Kiss, Kiss, Kiss" he chanted loudly dancing around the room. Five and I smile leaning as we press our lips together. 

Love is a mysteries thing, it may be hard to explain it but once you feel it you know.

(I'm binge watching Umbrella Academy and I'm falling in love all over again.)