Strongest

(Another Request by Ms_Hargreeves.  The song is called Strongest by Ina Wroldsen.)

He sits there with that look on his face like he won. While I sit here trying not to let tears stream down. I just stare at his stupid face, I know that nothing I say is gonna change how he feels. He just casually explains how he fell out of love and we are in his way so he's just gotta leave now. I'm just wondering how am I supposed to tell our son why daddy's leaving. And we just need to understand his reasons and how he is going to justify his treason. Complaining that the promises that we sworn ain't enough. I bite my lip and close my eyes making sure not to raise my voice to loud, "So now you're gonna be another person? And how do you want me to explain this shit to our son? How do you tell a toddler about a girlfriend? How am I supposed to tell him daddy's gone?" He just looks at me shrugging, "Good job Five Hargreeves. Really, you sure are a mature adult hm?" I grab my purse and stand up walking towards the room with our son. He's 3 years old and already getting abandoned by his dad. Well, I will be the strongest that he ever knew and I'll be there when he needs a love strong enough. Don't worry I will carry your share for us, no matter how bad the storm. I will be the strongest that he ever knew and we'll leave you alone. I walk out of the room and you sit there with your phone in your hands and you're hurt. Telling me how you feel like you lost me when he came. "I'm sorry but I cannot connect with your words. Cause right now what matters isn't you. Now you want me to tell you that what you've done is okay?" I walk out of the house and decided to go to Vanya's apartment. 

*TIME SKIP*

I walk into the Hargreeves house so that Aidan can spend some time with his family. He's six years old now, he's in school with all A's. Five and his new girlfriend are sitting next to a cake and whispering about something. I walk up to everyone as they all get excited talking him and playing. I don't even make contact with Five, why should I, he's dead to me. "Well, you guys we have something to tell you." Five says clapping his hands excitedly. His new girlfriend smiles with happy tears streaming down her face, "We're pregnant." My heart sunk deeply and my stomach felt like I had been stabbed 100's of times. Everyone claps congratulating them. I just roll my eyes. "So now your going to be another father?" I scoff out looking at our son Aidan as he plays with Uncle Klaus and the toy trains. The new girlfriend looks at me confused looking at Five for answers. "And how do you tell a toddler about half brothers? How do you tell him that daddy's strayed?" I ask starring at Five who rolls his eyes whispering something to his girlfriend. I will be the strongest that he ever had, and I'll be here when he needs a love strong enough. Don't worry I will carry your share for us, no matter how bad the storm. I will be the strongest that he ever knew.

Everyone just stares as the tension grows between him and I. "I just want a family with my wife y/n what's your problem, honestly?" I get angry and start laughing a bit. "Let's talk about family. Let's talk of the ties and the lies and the love we had in this family. Let's talk about honesty, you know nothing about honesty. I'll let go of your hands and our plans and the chance that we had with this family." Everyone just looks at me. Klaus clears his throat, "I'll take Aidan to the room to get more toys." Klaus and Aidan left the room. "Well, I will be the strongest that he ever knew and I'll be there when he needs a love strong enough. Don't worry I will carry your share for us, no matter how bad the storm. And we'll leave you alone." I whisper shout at him watching his face drop a bit and everybody just stands there not knowing what to do. "I'm still going to be in Aidan's life." Five says with confidence, I laugh in his face. "Oh, no no no. You don't get to choose when to be a father to my child. I'm not going to let you fuck him up like you fucked me up. Stay out of mine and his life. When he asks who his dad is, I'll tell him the truth about how his dad was a deadbeat who didn't want to be here. I'll tell him how I stayed because I love him more than anyone else in the entire world. Do you understand?" Five just looks at me as tears streamed down my face. 

Well, I will be the strongest that he ever knew and I'll be there when he needs a love strong enough.  Don't worry I will carry your share for us, no matter how bad the storm.