Lay Me Down

"Y/N for the last damn time, I don't need your help. So stay here." Five whispers shouted at me holding my shoulders tightly. I raise an eyebrow shaking my head no at him. He just sighs, chuckling under his breath. He smiled at me lightly, grabbing a rope and tightening my hands while I was distracted. That bastard is going to get the ass whooping of his life when I finally get free, I might even kill him. Five and I USED to be enemies, we aren't anymore. Sometimes it may seem like we hate each other but that's definitely not the case, we are really good friends, nothing more sadly. I may or may not have a crush on Five, well more like IN love with him. That's not important, what is important is that Five thinks he can just take on 30 people from the commission at once BY himself. I am not about to let that happen, I don't care how tough he thinks he is, I am going to fight right there by his side.

He winks at me and then spatial jumps away. I breathe in deeply, pissed off I shake my hands trying to get out of it. I heard shooting, fighting, and screaming. When Five is doing a job that is quite normal. I finally get my hands untied and start running in the direction he was in. I slowly open the doors. The lights were flickering a bit, there was body's everywhere, and Five was standing in the middle breathing heavily. I sigh a bit in relief, "Hey asshole, try harder restraints next time." He turns around huffing, he rolls his eyes. "I told you I can handle this by myself Y/N." I couldn't quite tell if it was a playful tone or a serious tone so I just shrugged it off. "But that's the thing, you shouldn't have to." He just shakes his head walking towards me. Everything went into slowly motion as I seen behind him a person was getting, they had a gun in their hands pointed directly at Five. My eyes widen as I shout for him to turn around or spatial jump out of the way.

*TW*

A loud bang goes off and He collapses to the ground. I watched as the ground around him became covered in dark red blood. A tear fell down my cheek, I couldn't move. I looked at the person who had the gun, it was a person I used to work with. The moment they recognized me, I saw a smile creep upon their lips like this was some sick form of reward for them. I slowly stumbled towards Five, I looked at his lifeless body on the cold, hard ground. Anger, sadness, guilt, pain, heartbreak, consumed my body as I fell to my knees releasing a loud, deafening scream. My stomach had dropped, my heart was racing, my thoughts were running wild. I looked back up and the man's smile was gone, for now his face was filled with fear. I stood up and slowly walked towards him. He was trying to apologize, but I knew it was all lies. I take the gun out of his hand and break his wrist causing him to yelp in pain. I had taken the knife from Five's pant pocket. I proceeded to stab the man in the stomach, not once, not twice, but many times. He fell to the ground and I got on top of him repeatedly stabbing him and shouting. I threw the knife down and started punching the man in the face, over and over again till my hand had gone completely numb. I didn't even stop when I felt a pair of hands slither around my waist trying to pull me off the man. I noticed that there was a gun next to me, I also noticed the man was still alive but my Five wasn't. Did I feel bad for emptying the entire gun clip into this man's chest? Not in the fucking slightest. Was what I did to this man a bit overkill? Probably, but I was in pain, who wouldn't beat the shit out of someone who killed the love of their life.

I threw the gun and allowed the hands from around my waist to finally pull me up. I buried my face into the person's chest, I didn't care who it was, I just needed comfort in this moment. I sobbed into the person's chest holding them tightly as if I was about to snap them in half. They pushed me away a bit so they could look me in the face. I knew it wasn't going to be Five but I was hoping somehow it would be. It was Klaus, Five's brother. He held my face in his hands trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear anything. I wasn't able to hear a single sound, the loud bang was repeating in my head over and over and over again, it had consumed me completely. My vision started to slowly fade as I took one last look at the boy who I love, he was dead.

I woke up in the Hargreeves mansion, in the first aid room surrounded by the Hargreeves. I bolted up screaming Five's name, then tears streamed down my face like a cascading waterfall. The Hargreeves look at me confused as I kept screaming I'm sorry over and over, "What happened to Five?" Vanya asked. I just looked at her shaking my head, "I tried to warn him, I shouldn't have distracted him. It's all my fault." I cried louder as Grace rubbed my head. Diego and Klaus weren't in the room for some reason. Luther looked at me confused, "What was your fault?" Everyone just stared at me as I caught my breath. "Five's dead." I whisper out as my stomach drops, coming to the realization. I wish I could explain the look on Hargreeves face when I told them, but I can't.

*Time Skip*

I never usually cry at funerals, but I sobbed at Five's. I tried to be strong for him, but the pain wouldn't allow me to. I was hoping he would for some magical reason show up. Yes, I do. I believe that one day I will be where I was right there, right next to you. And it's hard, the days just seem so dark, The moon, and the stars are nothing without you. I can't explain how badly I miss you. Your touch, your skin, where do I begin? No words can explain the way I'm missing you. Deny this emptiness, this hole that I'm inside. These tears, they tell their own story. You had always told me not to cry when you were gone but the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong. Memories flood my head as the funeral goes on.

*Flash back*

Five walked into my room with a smile plastered across his face. "You are very pretty, y/n." I smile looking back down at my book. "You are a beautiful person, Five." He sits next to me tracing from my forearm up to my hand. My face starts to heat up as he grabs my hand. He places it on his face, turning my head to look him in the eyes. "Can I keep you?" he whispers out, I raise an eyebrow concerned. I nod yes lightly. I kiss his forehead, smiling like a fool. "Can I lay by your side, next to you? And make sure you're all right. I'll take care of you." I lean in to kiss him but he turns away. I bite my lip trying not to cringe at my embarrassment of the rejection. "Me, you, date tonight. What do you say?" I nod yes quickly. "But I have to do something first, okay?" I nod wondering what he would have to do. Why did he get this random burst of confidence? I shrug it off as he walks out and I follow him.

*Back to the funeral*

I'm reaching out to you. Can you hear my call? This hurt that I've been through. I'm missing you, missing you like crazy. You told me not to cry when you were gone but the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong. Can I lay by your side, next to you, you? And make sure you're alright. I'll take care of you. I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight.

We never did go on that date, and we never even got to say goodbye.

(HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'M SOBBING. I NEED TIME TO COPE. I AM SO SORRY YOU HAD TO READ THIS. I AM SORRY IF YOU CRIED. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. IM TOTTTALLY FINE. IM SO FINE RN HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHH. *SCREAMS*)