Me, Him and The Apocalypse (5)

*Five's POV: TRIGGER WARNING*

"Dolores!" I shouted loudly searching everywhere I could for her. I walk to all her favorite spots and nothing, she's nowhere to be found. "Dolores!" I shout as tears flooded my face running towards the watering quarry she'd like to go to when she was sad. It's been a week and she hasn't came back, which worried me. I get closer to the quarry and see Robin sitting on top of a rock. I picked up the stuffed dog grabbing the note from his collar. I open the note, "if you find tHis, you know whAt it means. years iN this unescapaDle helL has causEd me a gReat deal of pain. i am very tired but not in the way that sleep will help. but hey, if my planned worked so can yours. just promise me one thing Five. promise you will go back and stop all of this." I read the note with my hands trembling, I was confused. I repeat the note loudly looking at a drawing that was at the bottom of it. It was a drawing of someone slowly falling off a cliff and into the waters below. She always was a dramatic bitch. I look at the image that had such detail it was almost like a printed photo. I look closer and see that the person was indeed her, she had drawn herself falling. My head shoots up as I walk closer to the edge, "Dolores." I whisper out holding back my tears as I see a dress that she used to wear gently float under the water. I scream her name loudly hoping that it wasn't her but just that her dress fell in. I sink down onto my knees looking at the water knowing I couldn't save her. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I never meant to make you feel alone, or scared. I was so scared of losing you, of never being able to save you. I never even got to tell you that I loved you Dolores." 

*Dolores* 

I look at the women who was in front of me neatly dressed and perfectly in good health. "Who are you?" I was very confused looking around at everything and then looking at her. "You are very smart Dolores. You have talent and survived a long time out here." I straighten my posture giving a confused smile. "What if I could get you out of here? Get you back home." She points around at everything and I just stare at her skeptical of her words. "Could you really get us back?" I asked confused gulping. She uses her thumb to wipe a bit of dirt off my face. "It won't be a simple task, you'll need to work with me for awhile without Five by your side. It'll prove you are worthy. He isn't how do I say this, he isn't ready for this line of work just yet, but I've been watching you for awhile and you my dear are perfect." She plays with my hair and strokes my cheek while talking. Her hands were very smooth and soft, she smelled nice. "But what about Five? I can't leave him here all by himself." I whisper shout but not in a rude way but in a more concerned way. "If you take my offer, I will take both of you out of here. I mean leaving him by himself for a year or two might be the thing that saves him. You guys can have a life for yourselves." I think for a moment as she holds her palm to the side of my face, I bite my lip thinking about all the possibilities that I have. I have two options, live out the rest of our days stuck in an apocalypse OR go with her and live our lives over together and stop the apocalypse. I squeeze my eyes tightly, "Fuck it, I'll do it. But under the condition that you will get Five out of here. If you end up tricking me, I will make you watch as I kill someone you love. Understood?" I pull her hand off my face as she smirks at me. She bops my noise, "You are just the fire we need." She shakes my hand and I get insecure about my dry, rough, Calluses hands. "Can I leave a not at least? Before we go?" She laughs talking about everything while I write the note and draw an image. I place Robin with the notes on my favorite rock and walk towards her. We shake hands both saying, "Deal." Suddenly we are no longer in a destroyed place. We are in a beautiful building with chandlers, people walking past with briefcases, the place was clean and shiny. We walk up the grand stairs and into her office. "My name is Dolores by the way." She laughs sitting down in a chair pointing to one that was in front of her. I look around as a feeling weird feeling that was in my stomach takes over my body. I felt bad, guilt. "You can call me The Handler." ...