Let me go

I was sitting on Fives bed with my feet in the air reading a book. Five walks into the room with a smile that was ear to ear. "Hey, Y/N!" he has a cheerful voice plopping onto the bed. "Hi Fivey." I spoke delicately not wanting to ruin his unusually cheerful mood. "Today was a good day. Too bad you didn't join us." He turns over looking at me with the softest look. I threw my book across the bed and looked into his dazzling eyes. "Tell me more." Five's smile grew wider as he began talking. "We went to breakfast and then we went to the carnival. I saw one of those big stands with the giant stuffed animals and it reminded me of the time when you and I went. Remember how you stole two of those giant stuffed animals, the guy didn't even notice till some Karen lady pointed it out. So, we started booking it down to the car, making a grand escape." We both laugh remembering the event. I pointed to where my room was, the door was closed. "It's still on my bed, actually." Five stood up reaching out for my hand causing me to frown but didn't want to ruin the fun. I grabbed his hand to the best of my ability, and we ran into my room. We sprint towards the bed and jump onto it causing us to start laughing. We both snuggle into a giant elephant stuffed animal. "Continue about your day." I raise an eyebrow curiously, trying to get Five to speak. "There were all kinds of things that reminded me of you. There was also a new ride that goes upside and, in a circle, and then like. You'd have to see it in person to understand." I nod slightly smiling thinking about how thrilling rides were and how much I miss them. "I'll take you again someday, you'd really enjoy it." I start to feel my eyes get heavy and about to fill over with tears.

I sigh deeply, my voice breaks a little causing Five to sit up alerted. "What's wrong?" I shake my head hesitantly. I place my cold fingers on his warm, delicate face. "I need you to stop." He raises his eyebrows confused; I feel tears streaming down my face. This was the worst part of the week, but it was the most crucial. "Don't you remember?" I whispered out with a shaky voice. He shakes his head, confused. I sighed, placing my hands on his face. "You need to stop and remember. It's okay to remember-"

"B-But I don't want to. I can't and I won't." The heartbroken boy shouts while thick warm tears run down his soft cheeks like a cascading waterfall. "But you have to, Five. At Least remember that it wasn't your fault, it never was or will be." And with that the person Five Hargreeves had loved, disappeared so effortlessly as if they were never there. "But that's the thing y/n. It was my fault and always has been. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be 6 feet under." The boy said with emptiness overfilling his body. He could no longer feel how he used to; everything had been numbed down. He was just a boy who used to love so deeply and now he has no feeling of love at all. He is now an empty shell that remains after a heartbreak. His body fell softly against the bed, emotionless. "I love you too much y/n, I don't want to remember but I can't forget." he whispers to the spot where Y/N once was.

"I don't want this to be the ending of our story, but we aren't the author and can't decide what happens. At Least we had a story, even if it wasn't the ending we wanted." They both whispered out to each other placing their hands next to each other without really knowing. And with that, that's how their story came to the final end. It ended with a lost love, with the unknown, with the whys and hows, with confusion and sadness. You may want Y/N to magically come back, for them to come back and hold him tightly, whispering how everything will be alright. But it won't be, because they are gone, they can't come back.

Stories, life, endings, beginnings. Everything that has a beginning must have an ending. Even if it's not the ending you want it to be. That's life, you don't get to choose the ending, but you can choose what you do with all that time in the middle. So always remember, tell the people who you love, that you love them before it's too late. You may never know whose life you could save.